Sheffield's newest bar opening soon...

Matt S

Excellent! Can I suggest not rock/goth as there are plenty of places catering for this. Maybe some 80's early nineties chart classics and indie?

Mate, come to Threads. on a Saturday, the best of anything good.. http://www.myspace.com/threadsproductions tonight we have live bands, a fashion show from Sheffield's very own Syd & Mallory with the residents wrapping up the night till 3.30am..

As a fellow bartender I can say that all the guys listed there are seriously seriously good. Worked with a few in the past so can vouch for them. What a good lineup

Thanks fella, we're an independent venue and we'll be doing everything we can to help these guys get Sheffield on the map for quality drinking establishments, bartending is a much underated career in this city :thumbsup:

Here's a sample of the Tapas menu we'll be offering, this isn't finalised yet but will hopefully give you an incite into what we'll be providing Upstairs:

Tapas

Marinated olives

A mixture of olives in our own marinade

£3.00

Marinated anchovies

Served with tomato and garlic bread

£3.60

Garlic bread/cheese

Rubbed with garlic olive oil and char-grilled

£1.95

£2.65 w/cheese

Potato skins

Filled with tomato salsa and topped with cheese

£3.50

Deep fried calamari

Strips of calamari in a crisp batter

Served with red pepper aioli

£3.50

Selection of bread and dips

Fresh bread served with balsamic oil, olive tapinade, tomato salsa and butter

£3.00

Tiger prawns

Cooked in garlic and white wine sauce

£4.40

Mozzarella and tomato salad

Buffalo mozzarella marinated in garlic and basil served with ripe plum tomatoes

And crisp leaves

£4.60

Green tip mussels

Large New Zealand mussels topped with garlic, lemon and parsley crust

£3.95

Cheers guys :thumbsup:

Here's a sample of the Tapas menu we'll be offering, this isn't finalised yet but will hopefully give you an incite into what we'll be providing Upstairs:

Tapas

Marinated olives

A mixture of olives in our own marinade

£3.00

Marinated anchovies

Served with tomato and garlic bread

£3.60

Garlic bread/cheese

Rubbed with garlic olive oil and char-grilled

£1.95

£2.65 w/cheese

Potato skins

Filled with tomato salsa and topped with cheese

£3.50

Deep fried calamari

Strips of calamari in a crisp batter

Served with red pepper aioli

£3.50

Selection of bread and dips

Fresh bread served with balsamic oil, olive tapinade, tomato salsa and butter

£3.00

Tiger prawns

Cooked in garlic and white wine sauce

£4.40

Mozzarella and tomato salad

Buffalo mozzarella marinated in garlic and basil served with ripe plum tomatoes

And crisp leaves

£4.60

Green tip mussels

Large New Zealand mussels topped with garlic, lemon and parsley crust

£3.95

Cheers guys :thumbsup:

Menu looks nice, but needs a few more meat options, like ribs, or rosemary lamb.

Looks a great menu, i'll be in for some of that!

I'll be posting our lunch time menu at some point in the next few days.. We'll be offering the facility to phone up and book, so food can be ready almost upon arrival, no more rushing your lunch breaks :)

Interesting questions...

Jamie McLaren recently worked at 23 during which time he won the Johnnie Walker regional cocktail competition, Gavin has worked at various bars in Sheffield including Las Iguanas and along with Pete was more recently found working on the members lounge at Crystal. Lewis joins us from Hull, as a competition standard flair bartender with years of experience. Luke Neal was recently chosen for the last 15 in the northern regionals for bartender of the year (congratulations to James manager at 23 for winning this round).

These guys are all young and incredibly talented bar tenders with years of experience.. Our head chef joins us from Antibos and will be offering a menu of traditional English food, details of which I will post nearer to opening date..

As for where, Upstairs will be located next to 'the mad greek' on Fitzwilliam St (formerly Cha-chas Indian buffet)

More details will follow..

Any more questions please feel free to ask on here or PM me..

Thanks

Matt

GM DQ & Upstairs

So, in light of all this professionalism, does that mean said bartender will serve people in order of turn at the bar, or fall for the fluttering charms of the blonde bimbo who pushes in next to me?

I still fear the latter....!

So, in light of all this professionalism, does that mean said bartender will serve people in order of turn at the bar, or fall for the fluttering charms of the blonde bimbo who pushes in next to me?

I still fear the latter....!

Bah, they could be gay in which case it'll be the 6' blonde man with perfect pecs ;-)

Archived