Any old pitsmoor lads on here

Arfer Mo

pitsmoor was indeed 2 different classes ,i was born on danville st and remember the big houses on burngreave rd most had big gardens front and back and were occupied with business men such as docters and dentists

but cross the road up andover st and the roads around they were real poor two up two down back yards with toilets in a row and scruffy kids running about.

I was born in 1933 on Fox St and brought up there by my grandparents. My parents lived on Woodside Lane so I had a foot on both sides of Schoolboard hill (that's how I remember Nottingham St being called up to Pye Bank). After the blitz my grandma and grandad moved to Cheshire and I went with them, and I thank the Lord for that, but it was only for a few years.

Hi Texas, School Board Hill was Andover St. My mother always called it that.:)

I was born in 1933 on Fox St and brought up there by my grandparents. My parents lived on Woodside Lane so I had a foot on both sides of Schoolboard hill (that's how I remember Nottingham St being called up to Pye Bank). After the blitz my grandma and grandad moved to Cheshire and I went with them, and I thank the Lord for that, but it was only for a few years.

god ..schoolboard hill haven't heard that term for 40+years since i went to pye bank

Archived