Poorly played basketball

I play basketball quite regularly, mainly due to the fact that theres a court at my place of work. Anyway, if u guys just want somewhere to have a shoot around and get practice, then theres a free outdoor court at the burton street project in Hillsborough, next door to morrisons. the court is quite small but well maintain with a good surface, with floor markings, the court is rarely in use after 5 and is ideal for a small group. it might have a picture on the website? http://www.burtonstreet.org.uk

• 3 weeks later...

Hey people,

I posted a thread similar to this a while back but there were hardly any takers. If I could get a rough idea of the numbers willing to play I would try to find a sports hall somewhere. What would be the best night for everyone? How about Tuesdays?

Get your names down on here, lets make a go of it!!

I would be looking for a two hour booking preferably if we are going to get a hall.

Bit too cold for outdoor at that kind of time. Plus the outdoor Adidas rims aren't too forgiving, especially if you're a bit rusty!

If we're booking a hall though need more numbers.... COME ON PEOPLE!

There was more interest than this last month!!

As you can probably imagine, there are free courts everywhere in America, as well as a basket outside probably one house in five. They do a great job of giving youngsters somewhere to blow off the energy, and reduce the chance of chavvery and vandalism. I sometimes go to our local court to watch the kids play, teenagers mostly, black and white, guys and girls. Sometimes 20 at a time, all on court at the same time, banging away in the paint or throwing amazing 3 pointers from way beyond the perimeter. It's the American equivalent of a football kickoaround with jackets as goal posts. Baketball is America's best sport.