Squirrel Problems in S11

No influx, they have been here for years, its just that you see them more at this time of year as they gather nuts & seeds to store for the winter. They usually dig holes in my lawn to hide thier booty, and ad to it by digging up any crocus bulbs they can find from my borders.

So glad someone else pointed out this rather obvious point-they have certainly been there a fair old while (unfortunately)

Are there any left?

Spent a week on the Isle of Wight last month and saw quite a few. It was great to watch them around the caravan that we were staying in along with a few species of birds that I'VE never seen before.

Within a couple of days of getting back, we had a chipmunk walking along our fence. I have never ever seen one before and if I hadn't been infomed what it was, I would have just thought it was a baby grey squirrel. checking on the web it was definitely a chipmunk though...really cute.:thumbsup:

• 12 years later...

What some people cannot see, is that if we fed Grey Squirrels with contraceptive laced food throughout the areas where there aren't any Reds, the Greys would die out in 5 to 10 years and we  could then spread / reintroduce Reds throughout Britain. Then, instead of defending bird feeders from the Greys, we could put feeders up specifically for the Reds

Think about it ..........

2 minutes ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

What some people cannot see, is that if we fed Grey Squirrels with contraceptive laced food throughout the areas where there aren't any Reds, the Greys would die out in 5 to 10 years and we  could then spread / reintroduce Reds throughout Britain. Then, instead of defending bird feeders from the Greys, we could put feeders up specifically for the Reds

Think about it ..........

Resurrecting a 13yr old thread Hots.. things must be bad at Hillsboro.