Pub Choice  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Pub Choice

• Banner
    • Prince Of Wales
    • Highcliffe
    • Toby (Parkhead)
    • Hammer and Pincers

That amazes me. If that happens again, ask to see Roger or Janet (they own the Lease). They would go ape and prolly sack any staff caught acting is such an apalling way. They still collect for the guide dogs, and there is a regular who has a guide dog and uses the lounge area.

The pool tables are upstairs, and are looked after resonably well. At a £1 per game tho, it may be a bit much for some peoples pockets.

I do remember the girl asking to see the landlord at the time and was refused!!

£1 gosh think I'll stick to the Highcliffe thanks.

Can you describe her, and when was this?

Not only can I describe her I know who she is. It happened quite a while ago, why the asking? Do you know her?

Not only can I describe her I know who she is. It happened quite a while ago, why the asking? Do you know her?

I'm on first name terms with all the staff. Will you PM me her name. I'm not going to try and get her into trouble, just dead curious. :)

• 4 months later...
None of the S11 pubs, or the Lescar or the Porter Brook are a patch on the Porter Cottage.

Best pub in Sheffield if you ask me. Chilled out, always busy, friendly, well priced, good music, fit birds, it's got the lot.

Went to the Porter Cottage last night and was impressed with the landlady. I hardly go in there at all, maybe just once a year, but she remembered me and said it was nice to see me again :)

Good jukebox too :thumbsup:

Went to the Porter Cottage last night and was impressed with the landlady. I hardly go in there at all, maybe just once a year, but she remembered me and said it was nice to see me again :)

Good jukebox too :thumbsup:

Blimey this is an old thread. I was under a different name when I last wrote:hihi:

Is the Landlady still Mandy? She has an amazing memory. I used to go in there 15 years ago. And on a visit last year she remembered me:o

Completely depends on what you're after.

Banner - great for football, especially England games and Champions League

Hammer - great for an all dayer in the beer garden mid summer

Prince - a more than suitable location to take a lady, any day of the week

Highcliffe - a dive of a pub, knock it down

Toby - not even a pub, a large school canteen

Hammer has too many idiots in it. Only redeeming feature is the beer garden.

• 1 year later...

Archived