Pub Choice  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Pub Choice

• Banner
    • Prince Of Wales
    • Highcliffe
    • Toby (Parkhead)
    • Hammer and Pincers

not to mention the pretentious customers- typical "I live in Ecclesall and own a lucrative double-glazing company" lot

Well you stick to your grotty little Lescar then if that's how you feel about us folk up in S11. Incidently, The Lescar is a dive compared to the Porter Cottage which is THE best pub on Sharrow bar none.

I bleeding hate the Prince of Wales. The tacky, mass-produced decor is enough to put you off your bland pint, not to mention the pretentious customers- typical "I live in Ecclesall and own a lucrative double-glazing company" lot- as well as the boring barstaff in their crap polyester uniforms.

Sounds like someones been sucking on bitter lemons.

Yeah, or when she starts a rousing chorus of "they're all ****ing ******s at the Lane, at the Lane..."

Yeah, it annoys me that sje pretends to hate blades, and be a hardcore Owl. It's only cos her fella is. I bet she's never even been to a game. I might ask her to name a player, I bet she couldn't!

Good old Banner, best pub in S11. Bloody landlady, her scary husband and Les (quite possibly the most miserable man i've ever met) give it fantastic character.

Seriously though, I do like it for some reason. Its not as grubby as Lecar or Highcliffe yet not poncey and boring like the Prince of Wales.

Good crowd in Banner as well.

See you on Friday night!

Good old Banner, best pub in S11. Bloody landlady, her scary husband and Les (quite possibly the most miserable man i've ever met) give it fantastic character.

Seriously though, I do like it for some reason. Its not as grubby as Lecar or Highcliffe yet not poncey and boring like the Prince of Wales.

Good crowd in Banner as well.

See you on Friday night!

Hurrah! Long live the Banner!

Well you stick to your grotty little Lescar then if that's how you feel about us folk up in S11. Incidently, The Lescar is a dive compared to the Porter Cottage which is THE best pub on Sharrow bar none.

Used to be a decent pub a few years ago (well about 10 actually). I find it a bit soulless these days and bland. Quite annoying that they always try to kick you out about 5 mins after last orders too. It's far from a bad pub, but not groundbreaking exactly.

The Lescar is also not quite what it used to be, but does have a more varied range of people. The back room is also used to good effect with various entertainment, plus there's a great beer garden. I personally like it for the abundance of Liverpool fans too for the matches, though that's obviously personal preference.

None of them compare with pubs in s6. Its not the pub its the people that make a pub! ;)

You haven't listed it, and I no longer rate the pub, but the Norfolk Arms out at Ringinglow has the best pint of creameflow stones, always has since I was 18, dunno why!?

Not voting because I don't especially rate any of those pubs, but given the choice I would say Hammer/Prince/Banner in that order.

Used to drink in the Highcliffe when was 16, but its a very different pub now! ;)

Toby has always been a bag of **** IMHO even as the Wheatsheaf!

None of them compare with pubs in s6. Its not the pub its the people that make a pub! ;)

You haven't listed it, and I no longer rate the pub, but the Norfolk Arms out at Ringinglow has the best pint of creameflow stones, always has since I was 18, dunno why!?

Not voting because I don't especially rate any of those pubs, but given the choice I would say Hammer/Prince/Banner in that order.

Used to drink in the Highcliffe when was 16, but its a very different pub now! ;)

Toby has always been a bag of **** IMHO even as the Wheatsheaf!

I'm quite new to the S6 (Walkley) area, so where would you suggest? I've found the Springvale so far which seems to do a good range of ales and shows the football to keep me happy. Seems like a pretty good place, but I'm open to suggestions. :)

Archived