Pub Choice  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Pub Choice

• Banner
    • Prince Of Wales
    • Highcliffe
    • Toby (Parkhead)
    • Hammer and Pincers

I'm quite new to the S6 (Walkley) area, so where would you suggest? I've found the Springvale so far which seems to do a good range of ales and shows the football to keep me happy. Seems like a pretty good place, but I'm open to suggestions. :)

closed shop is better, hallamshire is nice and friendly but no clean pipes, so bottles i suggest.

Although, dont ever expect to win the quiz in the closed shop, me and my bro and mate went last week and quite impressed with our 21/30, but the winners are always students in groups.... and when i say groups, we counted 22 of them that won with 28/30 last week!

ash

closed shop is better, hallamshire is nice and friendly but no clean pipes, so bottles i suggest.

Although, dont ever expect to win the quiz in the closed shop, me and my bro and mate went last week and quite impressed with our 21/30, but the winners are always students in groups.... and when i say groups, we counted 22 of them that won with 28/30 last week!

ash

Yeah, I've walked passed the closed shop a few times and thought it looked like a good pub. Will have to go and sample the ale there. :)

What's annoying about the Banner is the rude way folks are hounded to clear their last drinks .The staff must have been to the Dave Allen charm school

As to another coment in this thread "the best pint of Stones creamflow"

The term "creamflow" much like other terms such as "supercold" and "lager" is not compatible with the phrases "good pint" or "best pint"

Archived