What's happening with the Rutland Arms?

farmerboy

I went in there on Wednesday night and they ran out of beer... I don't mean just the real ales, I mean all the draft beer and lager :o All that were left were bottles.

I remember it being a really fine pub - listed by CAMRA and all that. It seems to be rapidly going downhill....I half expect it to be boarded up the next time I pass.

Is it due to close? :(

• 1 year later...

anyone know what's happening with the rutland arms again? Was bought by Plug guys last year who resolved to keep it as a traditional boozer. They even started doing nice food again and all seemed well. But now there is a Pub To Let sign outside it- whats going on? Please dont let it be purchased by some faceless company to create yet another city centre s****y bar! We need real boozers in town and this is one of the best!!!

. They even started doing nice food again and all seemed well. We need real boozers in town and this is one of the best!!!

Yeah, whatever happened to the regular food? I was in there early one Sunday afternoon for a business meeting with someone else, and was hoping to have lunch; the standard excuse was that 'the kitchen was being refurbished/worked on'.

Archived