What's happening with the Rutland Arms?

farmerboy

*pops head up*

After a year of trying to negotiate a lease with Punch, whilst in effect "tenants", alas, it hasnt worked. There were several terms within the lease that we couldnt possibly sign up to, and as Punch refused to budge, & the legal bills became bigger, we eventually had to face upto walking away.

Its with an extremely sad heart, that we have handed in our 6 months notice, but we just now have to walk away. Punch are in the interim looking for a new landlord, so by all means if someone feels they are up to it, go hither.

completely devastated.....adele n scottie. :( :( :(

• 4 months later...

Hope so. Me and White Rose love the Rutty. Whilst the Plug held the lease and Tim managed it (by day at least) it was better than it's ever been, and it was sad it closed. Bloody Punch Taverns. Bloody Pubcos, all of 'em!

It'll be coining it in when Hallam Uni's new building opens next door.

• 4 weeks later...

When I see all the pubs that have 'For Lease' signs up above their doors, I can't help but think that Enterprise, Punch and the other faceless pub companies are slowly squeezing landlord (or lady) after landlord of everything they have. Do they really want large parts of their estate out of business?

When I see all the pubs that have 'For Lease' signs up above their doors, I can't help but think that Enterprise, Punch and the other faceless pub companies are slowly squeezing landlord (or lady) after landlord of everything they have. Do they really want large parts of their estate out of business?

their business plan does seem to be "squeeze the tenant for all they're worth, there'll be another sucker along soon after we've bled this one dry"

i cant understand why anybody would want to run a tied pub. the beer only comes in barrels so they can get you over it :loopy:

Archived