What's happening with the Rutland Arms?

farmerboy

Was really happy to see it had reopened last year and have always supported this pub.

However myself and my 2 friends went in one night and were treated not very well (previous thread), although I was responded to on here by the landlord (the people from the plug) it was'nt enough for me to go in again, shame really as I work nearby and no one from our organisation goes in now.

Thats the danger of having very rude staff and the owners/managers not really doing anything about it.....will be a shame to see it go.......but

Thats the danger of having very rude staff and the owners/managers not really doing anything about it.....will be a shame to see it go.......but

So are you saying even though its changed hands you still wont go? And as far as im aware its not going anywhere, daisy chain run several successful pubs in Sheffield.

So are you saying even though its changed hands you still wont go? And as far as im aware its not going anywhere, daisy chain run several successful pubs in Sheffield.

I guess I like going to pubs and relaxing with my friends, spending my money somewhere I am treated in a civil way.

What I am not going to do is take a risk and be treated how I was. No chance.

We are lucky in Sheffield to have some cracking boozers, red lion, bath hotel, dog & partridge etc so all of the above and others have been and will continue to get my custom but not the rutland.

I wish the new owners well however.

Went past last night about 5.30pm and it appeared to have reopened. Well, the door was open and the fruit machine was on at the very least.

Can anyone confirm?

It's been open again for at least a week; a very nice lady runs it, and it is much the same as before, including a selection of real ales on offer: there were only two when I popped in, but the landlady promised that more would be on tap soon.

i will have to pop in with beer matters tomorrow and say hello!

On the subject of only 2 real ales, real ale is a fresh product with a short shelf life, so until trade builds back up that is a very sensible policy to ensure quality.

i see the rutland is reopened by a very nice landlady, they have 2 real ales on at moment but as they have only opened she has said they will be building up to more as they need it to stay fresh until trade picks up.... so everyone get in and buy beer so they can get more ale on. she is also hoping to put on a good food lunch menu as soon as she has kitchen up and running hopefully next month, this should be good as we have no where else to go on our lunch breaks.

i see the rutland is reopened by a very nice landlady, they have 2 real ales on at moment but as they have only opened she has said they will be building up to more as they need it to stay fresh until trade picks up.... so everyone get in and buy beer so they can get more ale on. she is also hoping to put on a good food lunch menu as soon as she has kitchen up and running hopefully next month, this should be good as we have no where else to go on our lunch breaks.

I'll echo that comment, everyone go and support the pub, it deserves it.

Those walls are looking bare without any pictures or nic-nacs though...

What I am not going to do is take a risk and be treated how I was. No chance.

We are lucky in Sheffield to have some cracking boozers, red lion, bath hotel, dog & partridge etc so all of the above and others have been and will continue to get my custom but not the rutland.

I wish the new owners well however.

I find the fact for the sake of one pint and seeing how the new owners are, you are cutting off your nose to spite your face. Since you are so close at work, im sure you and a few colleagues could nip in on your way to the red lion just to see.

Archived