Looking for a gym where I can go with my daughter

virgin, and if she looks 16 she'll prob get no trouble goin with you, the staff won't notice unless she messes about i shouldnt think

Even though you have to be 16 for membership, the sales team at Virgin will probably sign her up for full membership anyway, even if she looked 10!

Seriously, most gyms are only insured for over 16s to use the equipment. Most gyms will suggest that you sign for full membership and that your daughter attends a teen class. Some gyms have designated times that teens can use the equipment, but it's only like 3 hours a week (in 1 hour sessions).

my friend was 14 and joined virgin on the teenage memebership orhowever it works and went to the teens classes but when she started to look 16 (even though she was a little younger) she used the equipment without the staff saying anything.

Did the staff know that she was under 16? If so that is a serious breach of health and safety. Under 16s can use the equipment but only at specified times and under adult supervision.

The general consensus from Virgin is that members are annoyed that it is busy. I don't think many will be too happy to find out that under 16s (who are paying considerably less membership) are using the equipment.

Hi esporta have certain times where 13 yrs and upwards can use the gym equipment. My son used to go with me when we were members a short while ago.

Yes the esporta one is very good, I think it is a Saturday afternoon and other times throughout the week. Esporta have the upstairs bit so they tend to keep the teens up there in their own area (under adult supervision) and the adults use the downstairs section (although adults can use the upstairs bit as well, so parent and child can technically work out together).

Archived