Sheffield Tigers Doing Well

If you've never been to speedway, you're missing a great spectacle, and lovely crowd atmosphere...

Nice to see Sheffield Tigers speedway team doing so well recently at Owlerton Stadium.

Captain Andre Compton is back after injury, and the team won the Premier League semi-final last Thursday with some excellent racing.

16 year old reserve Tai Woffinden (who usually stars in the Conference Leauge at Scunthorpe, made a brilliant start by winning his first heat, overtaking the opposition to do it - and went on the score well in his heats all night.

Paul Cooper valiantly fought off a terrible cold to score a vital 2nd place in one heat, and all the regulars, Kyle Legault, Emiliano Sanchez, Ben Wilson and Ricky Ashworth performed solidly.

Ricky, in articular was taking no prisoners.. how anyone can get so low to the ground on corners and not fall off escapes me!

We now have to meet either Rye House or Kings Lynn in the Premier League final!

yeah should be good, kings lynn should win, and in fairness deserve to win the 'league':rolleyes: , and dare i say it have 1 of my favourites john oliver in their team!, although ive upset people saying that, and what about chris 'noddy ' holder 59.5!, excellent talent, looking forward to finals!:cool::D

hehe glad i searched this 1st was about to start my own thread!! yerr kings lynn deserve to win! but ill b there cheering on sheffield all the way!! anyone making the journey down to kings lynn?

"If you've never been to speedway, you're missing a great spectacle, and lovely crowd atmosphere..."

completely agree everyones so friendly! i went to a wednesday match an just didnt feel welcome one bit!! i got stopped in my campsite in norfolk because i had a sheffield tigers coat on an we was having a chat about seans cracker and he was an ipswich fan

an he always said hello to me when he saw me!!

Archived