Kids kickboxing/karate/other martial art classes - Woodhouse/Birley/Halfway area?

My little lad of 11 (yeah not so little!) has just started secondary school and due to him being smaller than pretty much everyone his age, he's getting picked on a fair bit.

I'm looking for a class in kickboxing, boxing, karate, or any other sport which will teach him a bit of confidence, self-discipline and hopefully the ability to defend himself when the big boys get rough :(

Ideally I'd like to get him in somewhere local, if there's anything to be found in the S12, S13, S20, S11 or S21 areas. But I will travel further afield if necessary. An idea of days/costs would be helpful too!

Thanks in advance :)

Hi Karen

Have you tried BMAA at Hackenthorpe? Its a smallish Karate and Kickboxing club near the Golden Plover pub in Hackenthorpe.

My little boy does the Ninja's club and he really enjoys it. There is an age class above him which I think is for 7-15, so that could suit your boy.

Its £4-£5 per class.

Cheers

Jim:thumbsup:

Try Terry Noble, Terry and his wife Michelle run a kids class on Chapel St on Saturdays and Mondays at the old chapel. Look for the sign with Japanese text above the entrance (as the road bends right) I am not sure of the times but Terry and his wife are good teachers and are insured and CRB checked.

andyb

Karen - little barnie does tae kwon do, and started it for much the same reason as your little one. In time, the school pain in the a*se tried it on again, and pushed and pushed, despite being warned not to.

School bully somehow ended up on his backside - never did it again. Its worth every penny for that one incident that gave little barnie more confidence.

Archived