Tescos home delivery service

My boyfriend has just used them for uni as it's not near enough to do a "big shop".. so spent the taxi fare on delivery charge instead!

he says:

tesco is ok.... u end up buying the wrong things/wrong size cos u dont know what u normally get[/Quote]

I use Tesco home delivery as I don't have a car so it's much easier than lugging bags (dunno about the other supermarkets' services).

In my experience, it's brilliant. Ordering online is dead easy - they do have pictures of everything, so if you know what you usually buy it's fairly easy to find it. Quantities of fresh stuff can be hard to estimate, but you can say I want 5 apples, 10 mushrooms etc.

The delivery is really good - you book a time slot of 2 hours on a particular day. Delivery charges are worked out by day - Tuesday and Wednesday are the cheapest at 3.99 and Friday and Saturday (and maybe Sunday) the most expensive at 5.99.

If they haven't got what you ordered they'll substitute it for something else, but you can reject this if you're not happy and you won't be charged for it. And any problems (missing items etc - which is rare), the customer service people on the phone are very good.

To make it even better value, we tend to do a massive shop every 2 weeks, and buy fresh stuff locally as required in between, so we spend £4 every other week on the delivery - cheaper than owning a car!

Only downside is not being able to browse so easily for different things and grab those bargains of things just going out of date. Beats the pain of trawling round the supermarket every week, though, IMHO.

You lose nothing by giving it a go. Sorry if this post is super-long...hope it helps!

Hi everyone i just wanted to know what Tesco home delivery is like? is it easy and whats there service like and is better than the other competitors? I really want to give it a try but is it just easier to go to the supermarket

i use asda best thing since sliced bread, as food shopping makes my blood boil, i hate old people (not actually only when shopping)and people who run into you

I have used Tesco home service for a while now and think its great. Never been later than the time stated but once the driver called and asked if it would be ok to deliver earlier.

Today I was expecting it between 11 and 1 and it came smack on the button, at 11.

I use it mainly for things I can't get at my local Sainsbury's although I only live opposite it.

My only niggle about it is that sometimes the fresh stuff can be a bit short dated so I have stopped that.

A bit like bladesufc1 not liking old people when she goes shopping, I find ignorant and arrogant people, old or young, get up my nose.......so the home delivery is the best option.:thumbsup:

I have used both Asda and Tesco services and I have stopped using the Tesco service. I would use Tesco is Asda wasn't available in my area. But Asda's website is much easier to use, the delivery charge is cheaper (or was last time I checked), and Asda also offers substitute products at the same price as the ordered product whereas Tesco charge the full price for substitute items.

I've used both Tesco and Asda. Tesco was good at first but I was starting to get fed up of ridiculous replacements when they were out of stock like sprouts instead of cauliflower :gag::hihi: .

I understand this is all part of the joys of online grocery shopping, but once they never turned up in the timeslot, thinking they may just be late i phoned the customer service helpdesk. The guy on the phone said they had to cancel that evening's deliveries due to a van breaking down (which is fair enough) but that noone had got round to calling me bearing in mind i'd been waiting for 2 hours already and I had to call them. From then on it was asda for me - well until i got a car anyway.

Archived