Tescos home delivery service

I have used both Tesco & Asda, both were really good but found that Asda used shorted shelf life dates.... They also didn't have half of the the things I had ordered, one of the being Ribena ?!

(when I shop I always pick from the back.... even if it does mean quite a balancing act, but at least you get the freshest items)

I will say onething for online shopping tho.... it certainly saves having to carry all the bags from the car to the house !!

Just wish I could now find someone to put it away in the cupboards form me !

I would suggest that the try both & see which suits you best.

Hi I use it every so often,and is always punctual,I usualy spend over £100,and theres usually only one or two itemsout of stock,and they have usually selected an appropriate substistute.If you don't want the substitute,it's no problem to send it back.If anything osn't up to scratch e.g over ripe fruit,or something you'd expect to be on date for about a week,and only has a day left on it etc.

You just ring up and tell them,and whenever I've done this(always honestly,I don't blag it!)they have refunded,with no problem.

LOOK HERE TO SAVE MONEY(FOR PEOPLE SKIMMING THE THREAD!)

I almost always manage to find a decent discount code,on moneysavingexpert.com ,usually £15 off £100(not taking into account all the BOGOF prices-so you don't actually have to spend as much as that)check out this thread for discount codes http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=256605

LOOK HERE TO SAVE MONEY(FOR PEOPLE SKIMMING THE THREAD!)

I almost always manage to find a decent discount code,on moneysavingexpert.com ,usually £15 off £100(not taking into account all the BOGOF prices-so you don't actually have to spend as much as that)check out this thread for discount codes http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=256605

We do this and it can mean you save a fair bit sometimes or at the very least get free delivery on a £50 shop.

If you're especially prudent you can split your shopping order into cost groups and have them delivered different days and get more voucher codes off. So for example we've had two £80 shops delivered, each with £10 off instead of using £15 off £100, you just have to choose a sensible delivery date to maximise the savings.

We order vast quantities of things like milk because of our twins so it's a huge relief when someone else has to carry it up the hill, also you can make notes on your order about the expiry dates on items, assuming you have realistic aims you can also specifiy that they should not substitute certain items if it isn't in the date you want or not available etc.

We've rejected substitutions once only, someone must have been very creative that day in what we received.

I used Tesco once, never again. They arrived on time and the goods were correct and present, but it was the attitude of the delivery drivers I disliked. I'd ordered quite a lot of stuff, which one of them complained about. They would only deliver it to the doorstep and would not put anything inside the doorway....it wouldn't have hurt (it was raining), their excuse being that they're not allowed to enter the premises of anyone's house.....while still moaning that there was a lot of stuff.

I made sure I'd carried everything in and had checked everything before I signed for the items. Meanwhile, the grumpy one was urging me to hurry up!

The other lad apologised for his mate at the end, saying he'd had a bad day...which we all have now and again I admit, but Jeeze!

I used Tesco once, never again. They arrived on time and the goods were correct and present, but it was the attitude of the delivery drivers I disliked. I'd ordered quite a lot of stuff, which one of them complained about. They would only deliver it to the doorstep and would not put anything inside the doorway....it wouldn't have hurt (it was raining), their excuse being that they're not allowed to enter the premises of anyone's house.....while still moaning that there was a lot of stuff.

I made sure I'd carried everything in and had checked everything before I signed for the items. Meanwhile, the grumpy one was urging me to hurry up!

The other lad apologised for his mate at the end, saying he'd had a bad day...which we all have now and again I admit, but Jeeze!

I suppose you'll be wanting them to put the food away in the cupboards, fridge and freezer for you as well?

I've said it before and I'll say it again - these "home delivery" shopping schemes are simply a great way for supermarkets to get rid of all their manky fruit and veg and all the pre-packaged stuff that's a few hours from its sell-by date.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - these "home delivery" shopping schemes are simply a great way for supermarkets to get rid of all their manky fruit and veg and all the pre-packaged stuff that's a few hours from its sell-by date.

I don't think that's entirely fair. I've used Tesco for a few years now, on and off depending where I've been living. I've never had a rough piece of veg or nearly out-of-date item delivered. They always turn up within their time slot and the drivers are always fairly good-natured and happy to help (believe me, nothing worse than having food delivered by a grumpy old sod!).

Tesco have a good reputation for keeping customers, and they won't do that if they deliver manky veg. I assume ASDA are similarly good, otherwise people wouldn't shop with them.

Archived