Tescos home delivery service

I don't think that's entirely fair. I've used Tesco for a few years now, on and off depending where I've been living. I've never had a rough piece of veg or nearly out-of-date item delivered. They always turn up within their time slot and the drivers are always fairly good-natured and happy to help (believe me, nothing worse than having food delivered by a grumpy old sod!).

Tesco have a good reputation for keeping customers, and they won't do that if they deliver manky veg. I assume ASDA are similarly good, otherwise people wouldn't shop with them.

Tesco do offload you with loads of stuff that is nearly out of date! This is why I stopped using it. If it was on the shelves in the store they would mark down the price for stuff going out of date the following day so I don't see why I should pay full price for it, on top of the delivery charge to have it delivered to my door!

In fairness there's not a great deal I can say to that; I've never had this problem.

What I'd suggest (and I know it's not ideal) is that you either specify in the notes bit that you don't want nearly OOD stuff and that if you do get something delivered that doesn't look it's freshest, send it back with the driver (also something I've never had a problem with).

You may just have been unlucky but as I say Tesco are the one of the most customer-oriented organisations I can think of and they didn't get that way by narking people off with bad quality goods.

In fairness there's not a great deal I can say to that; I've never had this problem.

What I'd suggest (and I know it's not ideal) is that you either specify in the notes bit that you don't want nearly OOD stuff and that if you do get something delivered that doesn't look it's freshest, send it back with the driver (also something I've never had a problem with).

You may just have been unlucky but as I say Tesco are the one of the most customer-oriented organisations I can think of and they didn't get that way by narking people off with bad quality goods.

Should I really have tell Tesco I don't want to be sent a load of stuff that is nearly out of date? I'd rather spend my money elsewhere. This happened on repeated occasions so I really don't believe this is just unlucky. And they nearly always forgot some items - to be fair their helpline was good and refunded promptly - but it's annoying all the same. I had my revenge though when they gave me a couple of bags full of bottles of wine not on my list. It may be naughty and dishonest but I kept it as they had messed up so many times!

Well some people are more bothered about things like best before date than others.

Yes, if you get a loaf of bread that will go out of date the day after it's arrived then fair enough; if you get a pack of sausages that you are going to freeze until the weekend but go out of date the day after they arrive maybe that's not such a big deal.

I suppose it depends how often you shop. Some people shop for a month and so they freeze a lot of stuff and only defrost it when they want to use it; BBE dates don't matter as much in this instance.

I doubt there's any particular instructions to the shoppers to put nearly OOD stuff in for deliveries, probably just more like grabbing the first one on the shelf so they can get finished faster rather than checking all the dates / squeezing all the melons (pfnarr pfnarr) as some people prefer to shop.

I'll make a point of having a look though, next time I get some delivered and check that I don't have a rook of stuff that's nearly done for.

Well some people are more bothered about things like best before date than others.

Yes, if you get a loaf of bread that will go out of date the day after it's arrived then fair enough; if you get a pack of sausages that you are going to freeze until the weekend but go out of date the day after they arrive maybe that's not such a big deal.

I suppose it depends how often you shop. Some people shop for a month and so they freeze a lot of stuff and only defrost it when they want to use it; BBE dates don't matter as much in this instance.

I doubt there's any particular instructions to the shoppers to put nearly OOD stuff in for deliveries, probably just more like grabbing the first one on the shelf so they can get finished faster rather than checking all the dates / squeezing all the melons (pfnarr pfnarr) as some people prefer to shop.

I'll make a point of having a look though, next time I get some delivered and check that I don't have a rook of stuff that's nearly done for.

It was mostly chiller cabinet type stuff. The point is they they shouldn't be charging FULL PRICE for goods that are close to their sell buy date. They don't do this in store:suspect:

i use asda best thing since sliced bread, as food shopping makes my blood boil, i hate old people (not actually only when shopping)and people who run into you

I wonder if you’ll hate old people when you reach that golden age?

• 2 years later...
I used Tesco once, never again. They arrived on time and the goods were correct and present, but it was the attitude of the delivery drivers I disliked. I'd ordered quite a lot of stuff, which one of them complained about. They would only deliver it to the doorstep and would not put anything inside the doorway....it wouldn't have hurt (it was raining), their excuse being that they're not allowed to enter the premises of anyone's house.....while still moaning that there was a lot of stuff.

I made sure I'd carried everything in and had checked everything before I signed for the items. Meanwhile, the grumpy one was urging me to hurry up!

The other lad apologised for his mate at the end, saying he'd had a bad day...which we all have now and again I admit, but Jeeze!

did you know drivers only get 4 minutes from pulling up outside your house ?

and the reason most wont take shopping inside is because tesco will not produce insurance papers saying we are insured

Archived