Tescos home delivery service

Hi everyone i just wanted to know what Tesco home delivery is like? is it easy and whats there service like and is better than the other competitors? I really want to give it a try but is it just easier to go to the supermarket

Don't go with asda we have had endless problems with them. They have not been taking shopping money when we put card details in they have been taking money when and if. We had 60 pound took out our account last week and we had not even done shopping. So we rang them and the payment was for some shopping we had in august. They said they can take the money anytime up to 6mnth after you place the order. I go to the supermarket now aint worth the agro. x

• 2 months later...

My partner and I have ordered from tesco online for the first time and at the moment it is an hour late and they can't get in touch with the driver. Have to say aint very happy and just want to go to bed. Must say that the guy I spoke to at tesco was nice and tried to help but still waiting

My partner and I have ordered from tesco online for the first time and at the moment it is an hour late and they can't get in touch with the driver. Have to say aint very happy and just want to go to bed. Must say that the guy I spoke to at tesco was nice and tried to help but still waiting

I have been using Tesco delivery for nearly 6 years and have to admit I have had very little trouble with them.

I did get my delivery today on time but the driver told me they were still having some trouble with icy roads.

I can understand that rainbow sky but I live on a main road, they have my phone number but havn't rung and tesco can't get hold of driver so he could have had an accident or be in pub. Sorry to rant but really tired and want to go to bed the delivery in an hour and half late so far

If they haven't got what you ordered they'll substitute it for something else, but you can reject this if you're not happy and you won't be charged for it. And any problems (missing items etc - which is rare), the customer service people on the phone are very good.

not true in all cases.. they never delivered our cat litter last week leaving me to go to an all night supermarket at almost midnight.. they never said they didnt have any other brand they just never delivered it..

.... I had my revenge though when they gave me a couple of bags full of bottles of wine not on my list. It may be naughty and dishonest but I kept it as they had messed up so many times!

Someone else will be complaining that Tesco order they made was short a few bags of wine....

It's not Tesco you are hurting by keeping those bags ;)

I started using Tesco Home Shopping a month ago and have nothing but praise for them. I've even converted several of my friends and my mum.

As with most things, a bit of foresight is needed (sadly lacking in a lot of people). You don't order apples, bread, milk (cat litter) etc. These can be picked up in your local shop (for local people).

Instead order stuff for the freezer, bulk items like 6kg of washing powder, conditioners, tinned stuff by the ten which will last for ever etc. In other words, anything that's a pain to lump around.

As someone involved in the internet for a number of years, I thought home shopping wouldn't take off. We all go in to a supermarket with a list and see stuff as we browse around and end up buying stuff we never thought we would.

However, there are downsides to shopping 'in person'. Owing to work, I've been using the hell-hole that is Sainsburys on The Moor. Somebody asked me at the weekend how shopping online compares with the 'real thing'. Well apart from the obvious choice you get online (Tesco has 300+ types of bread, for example), what I won't miss is:

Being at the fag counter where it is plainly displayed (5 items or less) and getting some old biddy doing her weekly shop with trolley, claiming 'not to have seen' the sign, the assistant going "Ah, bless. I'll serve you anyway." (And don't get me started on the muppets buying Lottery tickets...)

The armies of Chinese 'students' wandering aimlessly from side to side, babbling crap into their mobiles and...

Queueing for ages in the 2 checkouts out of 12 that are actually open. Well, the staff are busy arsing about in fancy dress for Comic Relief, Red Nose Day or whatever boost to Lennie Henry's/Wogan's pension fund happens to be on this week.

So it's Tesco Hope and Waitrose for everyday stuff from now on.

I started using Tesco Home Shopping a month ago and have nothing but praise for them. I've even converted several of my friends and my mum.

As with most things, a bit of foresight is needed (sadly lacking in a lot of people). You don't order apples, bread, milk (cat litter) etc. These can be picked up in your local shop (for local people).

Instead order stuff for the freezer, bulk items like 6kg of washing powder, conditioners, tinned stuff by the ten which will last for ever etc. In other words, anything that's a pain to lump around.

As someone involved in the internet for a number of years, I thought home shopping wouldn't take off. We all go in to a supermarket with a list and see stuff as we browse around and end up buying stuff we never thought we would.

However, there are downsides to shopping 'in person'. Owing to work, I've been using the hell-hole that is Sainsburys on The Moor. Somebody asked me at the weekend how shopping online compares with the 'real thing'. Well apart from the obvious choice you get online (Tesco has 300+ types of bread, for example), what I won't miss is:

Being at the fag counter where it is plainly displayed (5 items or less) and getting some old biddy doing her weekly shop with trolley, claiming 'not to have seen' the sign, the assistant going "Ah, bless. I'll serve you anyway." (And don't get me started on the muppets buying Lottery tickets...)

The armies of Chinese 'students' wandering aimlessly from side to side, babbling crap into their mobiles and...

Queueing for ages in the 2 checkouts out of 12 that are actually open. Well, the staff are busy arsing about in fancy dress for Comic Relief, Red Nose Day or whatever boost to Lennie Henry's/Wogan's pension fund happens to be on this week.

So it's Tesco Hope and Waitrose for everyday stuff from now on.

You're missing out the biggest drawback of online shopping of all - you lose yet another means of interacting with other human beings and become that little bit colder, more withdrawn and eventually you'll lose your social skills altogether and won't be able to communicate without clicking a mouse.

Eventually you'll stop going out altogether, because your friends and relatives never see you they'll assume you no longer want to see them and it'll end up with the police breaking down your front door following complaints from the neighbours about the smell. There, in front of the PC, they'll find your skeletal corpse, bony fingers gripping your mouse, your monitor stuck on the Tesco home shopping page.

But hey! Don't let me put you off.......

Archived