Tescos home delivery service

i started using tesco home delivery a month ago, ok i work for tesco, but i am still a customer at the end of the day. actually the reason why i did it was cos i was at work so much i didnt have time to go shopping! (i only work in a little express, wanted a big shop)

cant really fault it. everything has always turned up on time, the first time i shopped they substituted one item, so the next time i ticked the no substitutions box on checkout, but they had everything. and its great if you are trying to budget as you cant really browse and buy stuff you dont want/need

nothing has been short dated, what they do is send a 'shopper' round abbeydale store the morning of your delivery to pick your items, so a hint is to get an afternoon delivery slot - reason being that they pick your stuff first thing in the morning to get it ready for the van when whats on the shelf is the stuff that came yesterday and they are waiting for their fresh delivery. then their delivery of that mornings stuff comes and doesnt get put on til later on in the morning when they are picking for the next van load of shops, i doubt they will deliberately pick short dated/long dated, its just picked from the shelf, so whatevers on there is what you get, unless you state it in the notes as you are shopping (i did this once only to not get my item as i stated i wanted a longer than 1 week shelf life, but fresh veg doesnt have that long a date! i should know this as well)

only problem i have with the service is that i want carrier bags (dont really want help unpacking it in my kitchen) and they give you loads!!

i once ended up with 9 bags for a shop that i would have put in about 4!!

cos they split the chilled from frozen from soap to dry goods etc.

they should have a cheap cardboard box option for delivery instead.

mite suggest it to my boss....:thumbsup:

My partner and I have ordered from tesco online for the first time and at the moment it is an hour late and they can't get in touch with the driver. Have to say aint very happy and just want to go to bed. Must say that the guy I spoke to at tesco was nice and tried to help but still waiting

Just curious to know the outcome of your shopping "no show":)

QUOTE]

Each shopper has 6 trays on their trolley, and can be shopping for upto 6 people- this is why you might end up with so many bags, it has probably being picked by about 6 or 7 different people, then when it comes to stacking the trays by van number its impossible to be condensing things into bags.

Cardboard box is a nice idea but inpractical because of how the vans are loaded, and how the trays are stacked. If you don't want all the bags just send the empty ones back with the delivery driver, or ask for no bags and just take the try into your kitchen, empty your stuff and then pass the tray back to the driver.

QUOTE]

Each shopper has 6 trays on their trolley, and can be shopping for upto 6 people- this is why you might end up with so many bags, it has probably being picked by about 6 or 7 different people, then when it comes to stacking the trays by van number its impossible to be condensing things into bags.

Cardboard box is a nice idea but inpractical because of how the vans are loaded, and how the trays are stacked. If you don't want all the bags just send the empty ones back with the delivery driver, or ask for no bags and just take the try into your kitchen, empty your stuff and then pass the tray back to the driver.

i wondered how they actually did the 'shopping' instore!

i just thought all the bags were in case the customer didnt want chilled in with frozen or soap in with tins etc.

had though about unpacking trays myself, and returning the bags but feel guilty making the driver wait as i know they are on a deadline!

mite start giving them the old bags to take back and recycle tho, plan:thumbsup:

i wondered how they actually did the 'shopping' instore!

i just thought all the bags were in case the customer didnt want chilled in with frozen or soap in with tins etc.

had though about unpacking trays myself, and returning the bags but feel guilty making the driver wait as i know they are on a deadline!

mite start giving them the old bags to take back and recycle tho, plan:thumbsup:

I'm full of good ideas you know :thumbsup:

After my groceries weren't delivered last week, either the first time or the rescheduled delivery and none of the promised phone calls to me were made I don't think I'll be using Tesco online for groceries again.

My (first) experience with Tesco online grocery shopping last week can be summarized simply as farcical.

• 3 years later...

Archived