The 80's - love it or hate it ?

loved it, does any one remember that cool shoe shop called rabeena or something with all the pointy shoes- and x clothes at the top of fargate?

we were talkin about the strange times at the limit nightclub the the other night , what happened to that?

still stuck there i am afraid (in my head) :)

Love it, the 90's were a complete bore. The 80's may not have been big on taste (in some peoples minds) but the 80's were daring. It definately gave us something to talk about and TV show producers love the 80's, they can do so many shows on it about how bad it was and the music that came from it. I think VH1 are going 80's crazy at the moment:loopy:

I wonder if this would get more of a response in General chit chat? Mods could you move it please?:cool:

[ 'Bring your Daughter to the Slaughter' hit Number one and long hair on blokes was the fashion. [/b]

actually MAiden hit number one in 1990 with that one, prob the last great british 80's style rock gem reflecting that great decade,

I cant think of anything else that has not been mentioned.

We might be heading back towards men having longer hair as I no longer get stared at quite so much in trendy bars, a few years back it was quite hysterical to walk into some joint on West Street and have everyone pointing at you for being male and having a mane. Fashion of 2004 seems to have men growing their hair, well slightly at least....the day of the "bonehead" look of the late 90's/early 21st C is over.

i think personally the 80 s were crap. barring the odd band what legacy did it leave musically at least. did anyone see that cheesy tribute 2 the 80s sat night, christ dirty den and is wife just about sums up the 80s totally how rank was that program.

• 2 years later...
The decade that taste forgot or the best years of your life??

Ra-Ra skirts, cerise batwing jumpers, big ear-rings and even bigger hair. the more hairspray the better. You couldn't move in the ladies at josephines for cans and cans and cans of the stuff.

And what about the music ?

The eighties,i can remember the 70's glam rock,noddy sweet etc then at the end of the 70's started brewing my own beer ,next thing i know it was 1999 and millenium time,did i miss anything important?

Archived