The 80's - love it or hate it ?

The decade that taste forgot or the best years of your life??

Ra-Ra skirts, cerise batwing jumpers, big ear-rings and even bigger hair. the more hairspray the better. You couldn't move in the ladies at josephines for cans and cans and cans of the stuff.

And what about the music ?

white blouses with a frill at the front,black eyeliner,wedge haircuts,rebina sling backs,tighter than tight jeans that you had to lay down and thread the hook of a metal coat hanger through the zip eye and PULL:hihi:oh and WHAM!;)

Knicker Bockers!!!!!!!!! Those trou that had elastic at the knee, (think they were also called Pedal Pushers or something) (mine were black velvet)....that I used to wear with long white socks. GARGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Looked great with my frilly white blouse and turquoise and pink eyeshadow worn simultaneously.

The era that brought us Bon Jovi, Def Leppard, Whitesnake, Poison, Motley Crue and anything else that shouted GLAM!

Iron Maiden rocked! Metallica growled! Donnington festivals were THE place to be! 'Bring your Daughter to the Slaughter' hit Number one and long hair on blokes was the fashion. Cowboy boots meant so much more than line dancing (pah!). Hippy scarves around necks.

Dave lee Roth was the best dancer, Sebastian Bach had hair to die for, Alice Cooper was Poison and Kiss put the S in Sex.

I'd love to be back there......but knowing what I know now.

Can't say I disagree with you...first job, loads of money (comparatively),no responsibilities, lots of freedom...good times

• 2 weeks later...
Being an older person I thought the youth had gone mad..I mean "Leg warmers" what was that all about, the lasses who wore them looked as if their Draws had come down when they stood with feet together. and my Daughter brought home a right sad looking object who wore make up and he stared at me through his hair combed over his face ( I was informed that he was a flocking seagull fan) so I told him to take his flocking seagulls and flock off.

lol ridiculous hairstyle that was!! im a 70s girl myself and that fashion was bad enough but the 80s was worse esp the gaudy colours.

white blouses with a frill at the front,black eyeliner,wedge haircuts,rebina sling backs,tighter than tight jeans that you had to lay down and thread the hook of a metal coat hanger through the zip eye and PULL:hihi:oh and WHAM!;)

I am now officially, turned on.:love::o

For me the 1980s went something like this (aged between 10 and 19):

USA/Lennon's death/Dual Face Digital Watch/Chuck and Di/Brixton Riots/Falklands War/'Poseur Boots'/Bucks Fizz/Altered Images/Discovering the Beatles/Buying a guitar/Visiting Abbey Road Studios/King Edward School/Threads/Frankie Goes To Hollywood/Commodore Computers/Brighton Bombing/Leaving school, starting work/The Smiths/Beatles on CD/Passing my driving exam = first car = freedom/First holiday sans parents/Sheffield Half-Marathon/Miss Hancock/The West End/Miss Macleod/First Time/York/Beatles Convention/Ormskirk/Hot Summer/SAW/Recording in studios and shooting video/Playing live gigs/Southport/Future missus/Newquay Steam Beer

Archived