Amraj Indian Restaurant - Crystal Peaks

LoopyLou

• 4 years later...

Hello! Looks like this thread is a few years old. Im thinking of taking my pa for his birthday at the end of May and I heard they do a buffet night on Monday. I've heard mixed reactions so has anybody been? How much is it for the buffet?

We went a few years ago just after it had opened and was not impressed (my husband is from Pakistan so knows what a curry should taste like) - and the fact that they had rows of cream of chicken soup in the kitchen didn't give us much confidence. Haven't tried it since.

• 9 months later...

Went to amraj last Friday, with high expectations due to the gentleman on the door the size and how busy the restuarant was, and the expensive menu. Very disappointed, popadoms were ok that's about it, service was bad and slow, damp and dirty stains on the upholstered dining chairs, main courses were a king prawn khari which was bland with over cooked prawns with a basic Indian gravy which they use for every type of curry, coriander nan under cooked so doughy in the middle. Also tandoori mixed grill bland again under marinated and to top it off it was finished off in the deep fryed to speed up service. So for the price its not on. Won't go back. Gonna stick to akabars which is not perfect but better food and prIces and all round evening.

• 5 months later...

Absolutely shocking, I've been in cleaner transport cafes! Tried to bill me service charge on the buffet! They were reheating dishes in the microwave when they had been out on the buffet for a while and gone cold, one waiter tried to move a table to accommodate a large party and it was stuck to the floor with brown crud, took three of them to break it free off the floor, obviously the mop goes around the edge of the base! What sort of restaurant has TV's on the wall, its like sat in a canteen.

In contrast the old one when it was in the Peaks was good, overpriced but good, although I could never understand how they could put up the bar prices half way through the evening as the restaurant got busier? I believe it has changed hands since the days of Vijays ownership though.

Archived