Are most Stereotypes GENERALLY True?

Lets face it, anyone resorting to a stereotype is a moron. People are individuals. All it proves if you judge by the group is that you are unable to use your intellect to asses people.
A fair point but stereotypes exist for a reason. People are broadly similar and have similar behaviours. A person is an individual, people are not not necessarily so.

Lets face it, anyone resorting to a stereotype is a moron. People are individuals. All it proves if you judge by the group is that you are unable to use your intellect to asses people.

My working class fashion thread bothered you so much, you've resurrected a 5 yr old thread about stereotypes to blow off steam about it. :roll:

A fair point but stereotypes exist for a reason. People are broadly similar and have similar behaviours. A person is an individual, people are not not necessarily so.

I honestly never rely on a sterotype with anyone. It is a sure way to become blinkered.

My working class fashion thread bothered you so much, you've resurrected a 5 yr old thread about stereotypes to blow off steam about it. :roll:

If you feel you can't contribute without projecting your emotional states on to me then don't.

Anyhoo! Back to some hopefully, well informed and intellectually relevant opinion. Most Chinese people are not contrary to the stereotype either "cruel" or "devious". Most black people are not "lazy" and "unintelligent". Most Scottish people are not "alcoholic berserkers". So why do people of limited intellect insist on perpetuating this view.

Is it because they feel inadequate and inferior within themselves? And overcompensate by demeaning the group, in an attempt to make themselves feel less so?

Calling some for instance a "Chav" or a "Pa*i is like advertising the above yes/no?

Poor Jimmy, he's like some bull terrier running up against a perspex door time after time after time. You ARE ON IGNORE LET IT GO LOL LOL!

How did you know that post had anything to do with you? it was to someone else.

Oh wait, you knew because you're still reading all of my posts. :)

Anyhoo! Back to some hopefully, well informed and intellectually relevant opinion.

In my opinion strolling down Ecclesall Road in Ralph Lauren looks better than having tracksuit bottoms tucked into socks outside Sicey shops :D

Archived