What is the most out of date food item you have?

I think they all have one don't they?

I've found some Heinz soup that has a date of Oct 2005 on it. Going to get another one tonight and compare the food data to see if the rumours of it being watered down since the great downturn are true.

I once saw someone in a supermarket open a jar up and took a smell.

Decided that he didn't like the smell, put the lid back on and place it back on the shelf.

These things go off in 3 days once opened and I wasn't letting him get away with that. So I picked it up and while he wasn't looking I place it inside his trolly.

:hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

I once saw someone in a supermarket open a jar up and took a smell.

Decided that he didn't like the smell, put the lid back on and place it back on the shelf.

These things go off in 3 days once opened and I wasn't letting him get away with that. So I picked it up and while he wasn't looking I place it inside his trolly.

Haha that's mint

Love the trolley story!:D

I went to the cinema with my friend last year and she offered me a malteser. it tasted like cardboard! Thinking i'd just got a bad one, I took another, and it was the same - vile! so i leaned over and said i think something is the matter with your maltesers, Shoving another in her mouth she said, what? I said they taste funny, she said oh yeah they are best before Dec 2008. It was September 2009! :gag:

She ate the full bag!

The same friend often drinks milk a few days out of date and i've gagged at it before!

Shaw was the kind of bloke who met the world head on, mould and all.

Ironic that he died only a week after writing this- and it wasn't the mouldy food that got him :(

Sorry- I just wasn't expecting to find some of his posts to catch me by surprise.

As for sell by dates, I had a very out of date tin of treacle that turned explosive a couple of years ago. That's one sell by date that I'll respect in future!

It took hours to clean the treacle out of all the corners in the kitchen cupboard when it went bang.

Sorry to hear about Shaw medusa :(

treacle sounds an interesting one, you wouldn`t think it would explode would you?

Archived