The best gyms in Sheffield

MilesR

I actually heard some pretty good stuff about Greens - are you not keen?

I heard that Virgin can sometimes get a bit overcrowded with kids??

I was just referring to facilities. Green is fine, and yes, kids aren't allowed like they are at Virgin.

That said, they dont let kids into the main gym or pool/spa area at Virgin.

I actually heard some pretty good stuff about Greens - are you not keen?

I heard that Virgin can sometimes get a bit overcrowded with kids??

If you want to find out about kids facilities at Virgin Active, read the Ofsted report for Club V (their kids club). Issues have been raised.

Word on the street is that Virgin is stupidly busy, and that people aren't getting on equipment. This goes against what private gyms are meant to be about, and Virgin are becoming (prob actually are) a glorified leisure centre. You would be annoyed if you payed £££ to have treatment at a private hospital, only to be told 'sorry you are going to have to wait in a queue'. Private gyms (where profits go to shareholders not back to the organisation) should provide facilities where people can walk in and do what they want straight away. If I was a member of Virgin I would be asking the manager for some money back!

I've been a member of both Virgin Active and Greens...

V-Active is far superior, the facilities there are amazing, the only reason I joined Greens was because I moved house and it was closer. The fitness rooms arn't laid out well and the pool is ok but nothing special.

The only problem with Virgin is that it's got so much to do that you can find yourself staying there far longer than you plan...very anti-social.

Hope this helps,

Allen

A few mates of mine go to Greens and say its pretty good. I personally bought a bike, jog around my area and have a weights bench...wish I had the sights of women working out though :(

Ah, it's overated, mate. Their wide eyes, flushed cheeks, moist brows and undulating cleavages gets a bit familiar after a while...that being said you better believe i'll be there at lunch! :thumbsup:

Archived