• Peter Jackson
    • Ronnie Moore
    • Peter Jackson
    • Gary Megson
    • John Sheridan
    • Phil Brown
    • Kevin Blackwell
    • A.N Other

As an Owl it is very sad that yet another Manager has been shown the door. I must admit two days before Sturrock went I actually said to a mate that Nigel Pearson should have a role at Wednesday in some capacity, I did not think for a minute that Sturrock would be shown the door and Pearson be linked with the role. I am sure Pearson is flattered to be linked with the job, but I see him as too inexperienced, he'd be needed in more of a role that Phil Thompson played under Houlier, coaching and putting the fear of death into players. That said let's hope it is not under Bryan Robson's leadership. Let's be honest we can all band names around, but who really would want the job ?

With regards to Sturrock, you have to question the amount of players he has had come and go, it appears he has very bad judgement, either that or he scouts we have are way off the mark ?

Wednesday need someone to keep them in the division, and work with average players with poor attitudes, someone that can put the fear of God into them, who's the man for the job ? my choice would be Megson with Pearson at his side. Who'd want to face them when they lose. And we'd have no contracts to honour. Anyway, what do I know.

Archived