The Pharcyde, anyone going?

mr.blaze

Yes indeed - don't let this one ""Pass you by"!

There are few more details here:

http://www.myspace.com/tuesday_club

Its basically a Special Tuesday Club on a Friday... Friday November 3rd.

Seems two top notch local crews are the support: "Bare Knuckle Soul" (respect to Mr Finguz) & "Constant Creation"

Plus there will be Riddimtion hosting a second room...

:thumbsup:

Yes indeed - don't let this one ""Pass you by"!

There are few more details here:

http://www.myspace.com/tuesday_club

Its basically a Special Tuesday Club on a Friday... Friday November 3rd.

Seems two top notch local crews are the support: "Bare Knuckle Soul" (respect to Mr Finguz) & "Constant Creation"

Plus there will be Riddimtion hosting a second room...

:thumbsup:

Ace! I'm deffo up for it, Bizarre Ride has been on my car stereo for months lately so I'm glad they're en route! I've wanted to see Bare Knuckle Soul for some time too so this shall rock!

both fatlip and slimkid left the group a while ago, the founder members, Bootie Brown and Imani have continued the pharcyde project and created the album 'Humboldt beginings' with 'Eclectic Compassion' on its way early 2007. they've also developed the live project so it isnt just your usual dj and mc set up, but consissts of drummer, keys etc also. video clips of this look exciting to say the least.

They're still pioneers of the sound they were instrumental in developing (you know, that laid back california, soulful hip hop vibe) and whilst they will be performing the classic tracks they'll also be showing us why they're still one of the freshest acts out there - trailblazers, not simply classic hip hop ambassadors.

Proof of this can also be found in Bootie Brown's recent collaboration with Gorillaz on the Demon Days album.

While i'm at it....full blurb here.

The Tuesday Club once again brings the best in LIVE hip-hop to the City of Steel and as we’re doin our thing on a Friday this time, there’s no work to get up for the next day! Hurrah!

Responsible for some of the greatest cuts ever recorded, THE PHARCYDE are certified legends of the U.S. hip-hop scene. Seminal tracks such as ‘Runnin’ (‘can’t keep runnin’ awaaaayyy-ayyyy-ayyyy’), ‘Passin me by’, ‘Yo Mamma’ (the track that became catalyst for yo mamma jokes the world over), ‘Drop’ and countless more will be rocking floors ‘til Doomsday and there’s more on the way with new album ‘Eclectic Compassion’ dropping early next year. Collaborations with the likes of GORILLAZ, J-DILLA, SOULS OF MISCHIEF, RAE&CHRISTIAN, DANGERMOUSE and SUBLIME, and albums like ‘Bizarre Ride II’ and ‘Labcabincalifornia’ created and guaranteed their status as hip hop legends. This live show sees MCs Bootie Brown and Imani return to the stage with their band (drums, keys, Dj) in the wake of the success of the album ‘Humboldt beginnings’. The live performance showcases the skills that make the Pharcyde an influential force in today’s hip-hop landscape and not just classic hip-hop ambassadors. Do not miss these true hip-hop pioneers.

Support comes from Sheffield’s own, BARE KNUCKLE SOUL, an 8-piece live funk/soul/hip hop collective featuring the sublime vocals of Pete Simpson (Mark Rae/Elektrons). Kicking things off are Steel City live hip-hoppers CONSTANT CREATION. Room2 is hosted by the RIDDIMTION crew, bringin the roots and reggae music all night long. Add the TTC residents into the mix and this unmissable night becomes the complete package!

£8adv

Archived