Table Tennis - Chat/info

Thanks for the info Mikey. It’s a bit to far out of the way for me though. I was thinking more central to Sheffield.

If anyone is interested in going along to the club I found near Hillsborough let me know. You won’t need to join the first couple of times you go.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

To receive proper coaching you are best off taking your child to one of the clubs affiliated to the Hallam Table Tennis League. A list of clubs that offer coaching is available by visiting http://www.hallamtabletennis.co.uk - I'd post the link direct to the coaching page but the site is down for the moment.

There are clubs based at Crookes and Lower Stannington but I would advise the best coaching is available at Abbeydale or the sessions that are held at the English Institute of Sport.

Just been back on the Hallam Table Tennis League website and the coaching page doesn't list the numbers I thought it would. If I can remember, when I get home I'll dig out my handbook and post the relevant names/numbers here later.

Many thanks.

The boy is 9 years old. I would like him to play in Walkley or Crookes cause he maybe go to the club on foot. He had played tabletennis in a club in China for more than one year( every day afternoon after the school is over) before he comes to Sheffield.

I think either community centre or club is ok for him to play only for physical exercise.

so thank you for providing any clues here.

• 2 weeks later...

Wadsley Bridge Table Tennis Club is based at the Mousehole Forge - Malin Bridge. This club has three tables serving seven senior and two junior teams.

There are two Saturday morning coaching sessions for young people aged 10 - 15 years.

For full contact details refer The Hallam Table Tennis web site.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived