Table Tennis - Chat/info

Been looking for somewhere regular to play myself. I'm an 'intermediate' player I guess, played in a few leagues before and would like to play for a club in Sheffield next season.

I've recently been told there's coaching at Don Valley, Institute of Sport. They're listed as being an ETTA 'Premier' club, so must be something good going on there. I'll catch a tram there sometime and check it out, but bit too busy atm. Go and let us know what it's like :thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...

My Dad is retired now and needs to get out more (that's my opinion anyway :)) Does anyone know where he could play some ping pong in Sheffield with other over 60 year olds. He has the ability to challenge a younger foe but it's nicer to knock around with your own generation.

Hoping you can point him in the right direction.

Many thanks - Hutch

Guest NicolaE

Hi, if he can find a partner then you can hire tables at Hillsborough Leisure Centre, I think it's £5 for 45 mins. You can hire em for 2 sessions in a row though!

• 1 month later...

Hallam Grange TTC are always looking for new members of all abilities. Based just off Fulwood Road, practice nights are on mondays with 6 teams entered in the Sheffield League.

If you are a novice looking for a new hobby, a player looking for a new club, or a former player wanting to dust off the old bat (!) - contact Ian on 2654472.

Clubhouse is on Slayleigh Lane, Fulwood S10.

Up Fulwood Road (past Rising Sun and new tesco on left), turn right up Stumperlowe Lane, take left fork up Slayleigh Lane, Hallam Grange LTC is set back on right hand side about 100 yards past where road narrows.

Teams in divisions 2, 4, 6 and 7.

Thanks. Looks a bit of a walk, but I'll definitely check it out. I've gone to Crookes a few times, but nearly all the usual players seem to be off on summer holiday or something, so it's not on every week atm. Do you happen to have an address for Rivelin as well? I've been told that's not too far.

Hopefully if I get work over the summer I'll be able to afford a car, so won't be so limited if/ when I play in the league. Want to get back into the sport :)

Archived