Table Tennis - Chat/info

• 2 weeks later...

im also looking for a summer league team. id say i was pretty good standard . i currently play in the grantham college academy and i need a team so im ready for the new season in august. im ranked about 130 in the juniors at the moment. also just qualified as a coach :thumbsup: thanks alot

Wouldn't the summer league be nearly over? Where do you live daffin?

I've been checking out different clubs since I've graduated, trying to find a winter team. Will probs be playing for Wadsley Bridge in STTL - I'll know for definite in a week.

(don't think I'll be doing your 'social' thingy, unless it's nearby, ie in S10)

*edit* - that Grantham thingy - is that the same place as where they had/ have junior 3* tournaments? Entered one of those (a while back, obv), reaching second round and quarterfinal, but sadly didn't make it onto the rankings. Won one of those matches via DQ, which was rather amusing...

i ant a clue. i live in chesterfield and i play the chesterfield league and they dont have a summer league. when i used to play sheff summer league used to be around this time.

no the 3* is at the leisure centre. The academy is at the college we do a course and we train 3 hours a day and stop in the college halls. brad billingtons the coach. (u may have heard of him)

• 2 weeks later...

I joined Wadsley bridge last week. Dunno which division I'll be in though - I'll just take what I'm given.

The summer league is almost over now - are you looking to play in our winter league as well? I used to play at the same place (not usually the same time!) as the national academy in Nottm. Yeah course I've heard of BB, but let's not get into a name dropping competition as we'll look too sad and geeky :P

Sounds like you're a better player than me anyway, I've only just started practising again.

For the beginners who asked: try the Institute on Wednesdays, 7:30.

• 1 month later...

Archived