Anyone remember Tyler's Tobacconists on Snig Hill?

classicfan

Wondering if any forummers can remeber this, my wife is doing the family tree and we know they had a premise at 50 Snig Hill, one on Ellesmere Road and another one somewhere else in the 1930 - 40's. Picked this info up from the Kelly's Business Directory at the library, but no other info available. Any help appreciated.

In 1936 I used to to to a tobaconist at the top of Snig Hill and fetch my father an ounce of Nut Brown Tobacco,and a packet of A G cigarette papers Cost was one Shilling I was about 12 years old at the time It was on the right hand side at the top

Hi.

The 1901 census lists them at 246 Ecclesall Rd. RG13/4352 folio 35 page 23

Thomas TYLER / 40 /Tobacconist / at home/ born Nottingham

Emily TYLER/wife/43/ born Nottingham

Edith TYLER /dau/ 17 born Nottingham

Frederick /son/16/ Tobacconist / at home/born Nottingham

Lucy /daughter/9 / born Nottingham

Birth registration for Frederock Gordon TYLER Mar Q 1885 Nottingham 7B 325

1891 census Rosemary Cottage Sneinton Notts.RG12 piece 2706 folio 59 page 28

Thomas TYLER/ 28/ Tobacconist/ born Nottingham as they all were

Emily 30

Edith 6

Frederick G 5

George GISBON/5 /visitor/born DBY Stanton

Baptism Nottingham St Ann's

Edith Mary TYLER 16/12/1833 born 18/11/1833 daughter of Thomas and Emily TYLER of 50 Lewis St occupation Tobacconist

Baptisms at Sneinton St Stephens.

Frederick Gordon TYLER 01/03/1885 son of Thomas and Emily Elizabeth TYLER Windmill Lane Tobacconist

Lucy TYLER 27/09/1891 daughter of Thomas & Emily Elizabeth TYLER Eyres Gardens Tobacconist.

There is also a marriage for Thomas TYLER and Emily PERKINS at Nottingham Holy Trinity on the 16 March 1882.

Regards

Tuppie

Thanks Milted, it's what happened to the family of Frederick that may give her a lead on where else to search. She thinks they may have a connection with Eyam, the plague village, we have tried looking in the cemetry years ago but came up blank.

Archived