Free Sunday Lunches @ THE PRIORY

ginga_clarky

I went with my boyfriend to claim our free lunch on Sunday. We like the place anyway.............. so a couple of drinks on a Sunday afternoon with a free lunch thrown in was fine by us!! Food was nice - you could tell the veg was fresh and the mash was actually made from potatoes!!!!! I know that these are standard things that should be expected anywhere - but considering the meal was free i'd probably still have been happy if they used smash. The meat, pork, was nicely cooked and there was proper gravy too!!

As for the price of drinks - seemed average to me.

It seems that the place will be refurbished soon and it will have the new name of the Sanctuary. Can't imagine how they are going to refurb it - wasn't too long ago that it was done out. Maybe a bit of paint and replacement of some of the seat covers is needed now though!!

erm.. no,

so, unfortunately, don't know,

and erm... don't know, basically..

*shrugs, irritatedly*

Presumably they haven't caught on that you need disabled access - I'm only guessing from what's been said. Perhaps it needs spelling out. :suspect:

It sounds like a great offer, I hope to get down one Sunday, how long is it going to go on for?

well, me and a couple of mates went on sunday and we were mightily impressed.

to say that the food was free, i thought it was spot on. im not a great fan of roast pork so i gave half mine away, and my mates isnt a great fan of mash, so by the time we'd swopped the bits we werent so keen on on , everyone was a winner! the mash was lovely and we were impressed with the portions doled out, especially when you remember it was FREE.

i like the priory anyway, partly because its quite a quiet bar, but i can see the potential in the place to become a really good meeting place for a night out. i really hope that this promotion will help to raise the profile of this nice bar and get it on the map a bit more.

Big thank you to ginga-clarky (and andy, i think it was) for looking after us and we'll be phoning later in the week to book our table for this weekend.

x

ps. we never went for the mcflurry in the end. ;)

Archived