Example menus for exclusively vegan cafe / restaurant in sheffield...?

Catt

I know loads of vegans and veggies that would gladly welcome a vegan restaurant/cafe. I think it could work in Sheffield, there are other vegan eateries that opperate around the U.K, so I don't think it's impossible for it to work here as well.

But I wouldn't like to see it being too expensive because there's nothing wrong with cheap and wholesome food, and if it cost a lot, myself and the people I know would be a little put off going, due to budgetry constraints.

I hope you make it a reality though, the sample menu looks lovely!

:thumbsup:

But I wouldn't like to see it being too expensive because there's nothing wrong with cheap and wholesome food, and if it cost a lot, myself and the people I know would be a little put off going, due to budgetry constraints.

:thumbsup:

How much would you want to pay, realistically, for starters, mains, puds etc?

How much would you want to pay, realistically, for starters, mains, puds etc?

If there was a place in town that did the following type of prices, I'd eat there regularly:

Coffee £1

Pot of Tea £1

Slice of Cake £1.20

Burger, chips and salad £2.50

A hot dish and salads, like Blue Moon £3.50

Yea, def sounds like a good idea to me! What about trying to include some sort of meat substitutes into the menu? Yes, veggies are all very nice, but sometimes a different texture is very welcome!

An upmarket healthy place to eat would do really well I reckon. Blue Moon is awesome, but salads in winter isnt exactly gonna warm you up!

Interested to know how much interest there would be if an exclusively wholefood vegan cafe / restaurant were to open in central Sheffield?

Example menus:

Melon with toasted seeds

Pacific Rim coconut curry

Moroccan spiced rice pudding

OR (sunday lunch idea)

Roasted apple, onion and potato soup

with parsley and garlic pitta toasts

vegan lasagne with poato chips and salad

Pecan and butternut squash tart or coconut ice dessert with chocolate ripple

OR (Romantic meal for 2 )

Baked asparagus with garlic crutons

vegan sushi with pickled ginger and soy

Orange and passion fruit sorbet or

fresh fruits in wine with fresh basil

I'd like the building to be fresh and stylish, with a beautiful water feature....Somewhere people would go for a different experience, to enjoy healthy food and try new flavours... I'd quite like to introduce a few raw dishes on the menu too....

Well? What do people think? Are the menu's a bit tame?

Penny for your thoughts....

Have you had a good look at your business plan?

You are quite right about there is nowhere in evenings (KM?) (but covering Veggies (there are trillians of them :P) might get you more exposure and a wider customer base.

It's hard to judge the menu being a dead flesh sort of person. The deserts look great, starters well please someone tell me otherwise soup and salads?

Would be nice to look at your menu rotation ideas to..... When you say central where? I think footfall and the demigraphic could be critical here?

Pricing?

I am not in the buisness but food is food?

Archived