Example menus for exclusively vegan cafe / restaurant in sheffield...?

Catt

A hot dish and salads, like Blue Moon £3.50

Blue moon charge £5:50 for their main hot meal & salads - so I'm sure you would eat anywhere it was only £3:50 - trouble is I reckon they'd soon go out of business if their prices were that cheap!

Although having said that - in Australia there is a Hare Krishna veggie cafe in most cities that charges $10 for a veggie buffet (about £4) and they do well just on the large turn over - but eating out is a lot cheaper in Oz

If there was a place in town that did the following type of prices, I'd eat there regularly:

Coffee £1

Pot of Tea £1

Slice of Cake £1.20

Burger, chips and salad £2.50

A hot dish and salads, like Blue Moon £3.50

Would you expect the staff to smile as well?

Would you expect the staff to smile as well?

Pile em high, sell em cheap I say. I might be asking a lot but the Alley Cafe in Nottingham, The Warehouse Cafe in Birmingham and Misty's Vegetarian Cafe in Manchester have a similar price tag, and they've lasted.

Pete_Jim, may I ask what kind of business you run?

Blue moon charge £5:50 for their main hot meal & salads - so I'm sure you would eat anywhere it was only £3:50 - trouble is I reckon they'd soon go out of business if their prices were that cheap!

Although having said that - in Australia there is a Hare Krishna veggie cafe in most cities that charges $10 for a veggie buffet (about £4) and they do well just on the large turn over - but eating out is a lot cheaper in Oz

I will go back and visit Kings Cross .. the film.... Sydney i have to say one of the best Veggie experiences i've had ;) if all veggy food was that good i wouldnt eat meat :)

Am stunned by the response....Really is just a pipe dream but i would love to make it a reality one day. ;-)

Whatever style and price of veggie food you might opt for I look forward to it too!

At present Sheffield has quite a few exclusivly veggie food places, but only one right in the city center, the Blue Moon.

Otherwise there are:

Kumquat Mae - Abbydale Road,

Bohemian - Chesterfield Rd

Green Edge - In Nether Edge (any connection with pete_jim?)

New Roots Cafe - Spital Hill

Airy Fairy- London Rd

Heeley City Farm Cafe

...and many more omnivorous places, too numerous to mention, that cater well for veggies.

http://www.veggieheaven.com/guide/hull.html

This was a brilliant restaurant in Hull called Hitchcocks that i went to.

It is unique in that you get to choose the menu theme if you are first to book. We weren't on the night we went and got Indian - a bit tame - but the night before they'd done Scandanavian.

It means that they have bookings months in advance so people can choose the theme for their birthdays...

I loved it - worth a look anyway and is a point of difference on top of the veggie thing!

Archived