Last Chance To Drink In Old Dove And Rainbow This Weekend

goldenfleece

Anyone who wants to see the 'old' Dove and Rainbow interior for the last time may do so this weekend, as it will be closing after Sunday 29th October for 5 days for some changes. It is still staying as an 'alternative' bar, though more rock than punk, and re-inventing itself as a live music, real ale and rock bar! 8)

If you wish to pay any last respects to the legendary caravan, which is surely the most iconic of all Sheffield 'alternative landmarks', then this weekend will be the last time you will see it. Its time has indeed come after 13 years of use, and its past its sell by date. Come down and take some pix, because when its gone, it wont be coming back.

However, the wall 'relief sculptures' and mural wil be staying! :lol:

Come down and check us out Friday 3rd November when we re-open, with a fantastic new range of drinks and offers and a revised interior and new sound system, but have no fear, the old Dove and Rainbow will NOT become a trendy chav bar, and will still be a haven for all who feel out of place on West Street!!

http://www.doveandrainbow.com

not to be confused with

http://www.doveandrainbow.co.uk

which is the OLD website for the former alt/punk bar.

Anyone who is after any old Dove fixtures/fittings let me know, specifically, and I will tell you if they will be available.

but PLEASE no more emails about the caravan...ie

"Can I attach it to my 4X4 and tow it away and go camping?"

and

" Can I pack it up in boxes and re-assemble it in my bedroom?" OR

"can i bung some wheels on it and push it round the ring road in rush hour with a band playing inside?"

the answer is NO....its a 3d relief sculpture, not a real carvan with the back cut off.:hihi:

but have no fear, the old Dove and Rainbow will NOT become a trendy chav bar, and will still be a haven for all who feel out of place on West Street!!

Provided they like rock.

I'll probably not bother anymore if it's going to be all rock music.

Provided they like rock.

I'll probably not bother anymore if it's going to be all rock music.

A mixture of rock and related sub-genres Friday/Sat/Sundays......live bands Monday to Thursday (coming soon) so its a kind of chameleon operation...there will also be a "quiet area" for those not wishing to get an earful of the heavy stuff.....

What's going to happen with DnR Live?

The people who previously ran the Dove and Rainbow and DnR Live have opened the DnR bar on Arundel Gate, with the live stuff upstairs and the normal bar downstairs.

DnR Live is closed now, The Dove is now under new management - Goldenfleece, and this is where this thread begins...

Archived