Last Chance To Drink In Old Dove And Rainbow This Weekend

goldenfleece

It was a kicking little bar at one time UTB.

And I did also enjoy the 'Other Side' bar which was part of the Corp on Bank street.........very cheap Newcastle Brown ale I seem to recall......and I certainly drank a lot of it!! Remember DJ Chris, and also Sass I think DJ'ing there at weekends.....top nights.

3 real ales minimum, dont know what yet, and usual range of standard bitters/lagers....real cider as well but not sure which yet. You can expect a very good selection.......at time of writing these MIGHT be gravity fed direct from shelf cooled casks in the bar, as opposed to using trad beer engines, but wont know until next week for sure.

Sounds good! :):thumbsup:

There used to be a good selection of ale but it seemed to slowly dry up / quality dropped over the last couple of years.

The idea of gravity feed sounds interesting, its rare to see this but as long as the beers can be kept at an adequate temperature and are suited to gravity feed it should look pretty cool.

Sounds good! :):thumbsup:

The idea of gravity feed sounds interesting, its rare to see this but as long as the beers can be kept at an adequate temperature and are suited to gravity feed it should look pretty cool.

cask ales do look good stacked up behind a bar, but it depends on space...its a bit cramped really and some changes will be made. Far easier than messing around with beer engine pumps, as it all adds to the line cleaning ordeal every week, although the cellar system has the advantage of being perfectly cool at all times, dispensing with the need for cask coolers behind the bar. We shall have to see what can be done.....but rest assured the choice and variety will be vastly improved. :thumbsup:

I went to the DNR bar on Saturday and once I'd got used to the slightly odd 'look' of the place, i liked it. Nice beer (Abbeydale Pale Rider) and good music (Velvets, The fall, Butthole Surfers, Dead Kennedy's etc etc), plus a bunch of friendly people. Recommended.

The old place was somewhere I'd not known for long before this closure, but seeing as I was raised on a diet of Motorhead and Black Sabbath, and am still partial to a bit of Nu metal like Slipknot or System of a Down, I imagine I'll like it. I like a broad spectrum of sounds me. :headbang:

I still dont believe the die-hards who still think they can simpy attach some wheels to the 'caravan', push it outside and drive away with it on their towbar! I assure you it would not get very far!! You would find a better example of a proper one, complete with wheels, at a scrap yard!

And to all the others who messaged me, if you REALLY want it, to re-assemble in your house and turn it into a drinks cabinet (!!!) message me again if you are serious, after some careful thought!!

Archived