Well Done That Man, Pensioner Tackles Four Muggers

70-year-old ex-SAS soldier dares to tackle four muggers and wins

A 70-year-old former British soldier who fought guerillas in Aden and Triad gangs in Hong Kong showed four muggers how it doesn't pay to mess with the SAS.

Douglas O'Dell is past retirement age but the moves he learned as a volunteer in Britain's toughest regiment half-a-century ago stood him in good stead when he was ambushed near his home in Bielefeld, Germany, by four local toughs.

The former Provost Sergeant put paid to the danger on the street like he once took out bandits in hotspots across the globe.

Police in Bielefeld are still looking for his attackers.

But a spokesman said: "He had everything under control. These guys picked the wrong guy on the wrong night."

Link :)

I can quite imagine a totally different outcome if this had happened in the UK.

Brilliant and well done indeed.:thumbsup: ..If that happened here it would have been him in the wrong, for daring to spoil the muggers fun and giving them so much pain that they couldn't possibly go out to work ever again.:mad:

• 3 years later...
He is very fortunate he is not in court. The muggers could have had him prosecuted for physically attacking them but looks as if they have let him off the hook this time.

No they couldn't. Not here nor in Germany. He sounds well within the realms of reasonable self-defence to me.

Had he gone looking for them later on with his mates and beaten them with a baseball bat, it may have been a bit different. But he didn't.

I can quite imagine a totally different outcome if this had happened in the UK.

If that happened here it would have been him in the wrong, for daring to spoil the muggers fun

What a load of nonsense. If this had happened here then the outcome would be exactly the same. Don't believe everything you read in the tabloids.

Archived