Motorbikes - Do you remember your first one?

My first bike was a DKW in the sixties never heard of them before never heard of them since.
your the only person upto now ive known had one of these lol used to hate mine start up in morning F ing thing went backwards :hihi: until you stoped and restarted it. Dampf Kraft Wagen

your the only person upto now ive known had one of these lol used to hate mine start up in morning F ing thing went backwards :hihi: until you stoped and restarted it. Dampf Kraft Wagen

das kleine wunder,the little wonder was the popular meaning of the initials but day kaa vee is the german pronunciation and the company also built cars which were very popular on the continent and eventually joined other companies to form Audi,latin for quiet.so there you are.

das kleine wunder,the little wonder was the popular meaning of the initials but day kaa vee is the german pronunciation and the company also built cars which were very popular on the continent and eventually joined other companies to form Audi,latin for quiet.so there you are.
Yeah but it still went backwards :hihi:

I bought a BSA 250cc in 1960 for 25 GBP it was 10m years old but like new, single seat and a bun seat on the back mudguard. I turned it into a Super looking machine drop bars dual seat alloy guards, the works. I had the bike 2 years and was involved in a nasty accident while riding to work down the Moor a car pulled straight out of a side road into me i hit his front wheel and cartwheeled over his bonnet. I had offside his wing mirror in my hand when i landed. He gave me 25 GBP and took me to work. In the afternoon i bought a 500cc Triumph foor 15 GBP this was advertised in the Star.

I bought a BSA 250cc in 1960 for 25 GBP it was 10m years old but like new, single seat and a bun seat on the back mudguard. I turned it into a Super looking machine drop bars dual seat alloy guards, the works. I had the bike 2 years and was involved in a nasty accident while riding to work down the Moor a car pulled straight out of a side road into me i hit his front wheel and cartwheeled over his bonnet. I had offside his wing mirror in my hand when i landed. He gave me 25 GBP and took me to work. In the afternoon i bought a 500cc Triumph foor 15 GBP this was advertised in the Star.

I knew BSA's were old fashioned,but 10 million years!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

My first bike was a BSA 250 C11G, plunger suspension and bolt-up frame, Dad brought it home in a tea chest all in bits, said "there you go son, just put it back together" I re-assembled the whole thing from the ground up and took it to a garage in Beighton to get it tested. The bloke rode it round the block and came back a bit shaken up, said "I've never had one whip like that before" Then he laid it down on its side, took hold of the back wheel and lifted. The frame pivoted in the middle and the back wheel moved a good inch from side to side. Seems I put the wrong size bolt in the frame! Gotta learn somehow.

One of many of first bikes 5 GBP LOL http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r180/terminator_020/bsac15.jpg

Archived