Motorbikes - Do you remember your first one?

Mine was a '62 (?) 250 Royal Enfield Crusader bought from Gray's for 119 guineas. I think in '64 or '65.

Best remember my dad's bikes though. He started off by buying a motorised rear wheel for his push bike. Then graduated to a new 'Cyclemaster'. After that 250 BSA and a Fanny Barnett.

Must have been one of these. My dad had one as well. Maybe I should have kept it - there's one on sale via eBay for £750..:)

Yes the old bicycle motors..Remember them as well..BSA winged wheel and the Raleigh moped.Some drive on the front and some on the back wheel..Of course up Meadowhead Hill and Rutland Road...You had to assost with some complimentary vigorous Pedalling.....Lovely..Luckily I only road one for fun..

One of the first bikes I bought was a Norton big four ,it was in the yard that VS Bentleys used as a workshop at the bottom of chippinghouse road, I think I paid £25 for it, massive thing with a v twin Jap engine,rigid back end girder forks,I made it into a chopper, sacroiliage I know but that was all the rage in them days ,it made a fantastic chopper and I would fly up and down Abbeydale road thinking I was Dennis Hopper sold it for a good deal on a Panther 100 a few months latter .

Yes the old bicycle motors..Remember them as well..BSA winged wheel and the Raleigh moped.Some drive on the front and some on the back wheel..Of course up Meadowhead Hill and Rutland Road...You had to assist with some complimentary vigorous Pedalling.....Lovely..Luckily I only road one for fun..

Just remembered another one NSU Quickly. Not very quick, I can assure you

Don't know if this has been mentioned before but I remember my father used to go to work on a Bicycle that had a little engine bolted on under the saddle. The whole thing hinged with a serrated wheel that you lowered onto the back tire with a lever.

Archived