Motorbikes - Do you remember your first one?

Believe it was Strines as stated.No theres no Gold Star .From front was Super 5 Crusader sports in midle and rear Continental GT none of those was mine but brother and mates.

Thanks for the info guys...My eyesight is not what it used to be..Remember my old Goldstar used to vibrate so much the headlamp fell to pieces above 75.MPH,,, Those drop bars and arse up where most uncomfortable...BUT VERY MACHO AND FASHIONABLE....My nicest most comfortable bike was My Honda 6 cylinder super sport 1000 pro link....But not the most exciting by far...The top list were a Vincent Black Shadow, and a Manx Norton..Like wrestling a Bear,, but adreneline rush always.

So life goes on and now 4 wheels only for me...

1st bike 1964 was old postoffice BSA Bantam, then 125 honda sport,then triumph speed twin 500 with the skirts round it ..then 650 triumph bonnie... arhhhhhh happy days.

Used to live on Norton Lane in my younger days..# 155 Norton Lane..my dad bought the house in 1951..Paid two thousand pounds for it... So what is it worth now...3 bed detatched. Too old for motorbikes now..still love motor GP and Super bikes

Used to live on Norton Lane in my younger days..# 155 Norton Lane..my dad bought the house in 1951..Paid two thousand pounds for it... So what is it worth now...3 bed detatched. Too old for motorbikes now..still love motor GP and Super bikes
Come on Pete don't throw the towel in just yet,biking keeps you young and us oldies have to show these young wipper snappers a thing or two.I remember your dad well,a rather large guy,could be a bit imposing and wore a suit,I was keen on a Bown when I first started riding in 1958 but looking back Im glad he had sold it,it was in the corner shop on Henry St.Do you remember Charlies shop on the opposite corner?:D:D

Come on Pete don't throw the towel in just yet,biking keeps you young and us oldies have to show these young wipper snappers a thing or two.I remember your dad well,a rather large guy,could be a bit imposing and wore a suit,I was keen on a Bown when I first started riding in 1958 but looking back Im glad he had sold it,it was in the corner shop on Henry St.Do you remember Charlies shop on the opposite corner?:D:D

My DADS shop was on the corner of Infirmary rd and Watery street,,Pub on the opposite corner and Victor parr cars in between..Dont remember another bike shop...I think Leather ans\d simpsons was nearest..Remember Charlie who did re bores etc Corner of Penistone road and Infrmary rd..73 now and heavy bikes replaced by four wheels...

But what the heck speed still an rush regardless of age...Falling off or getting knocked off is for the wipper snappers...nothing left to prove only long life How you keeping you old dog..:help::help::help:

:cool:

Used to love my old Honda.s anyone remember this model very poor pic though only one ive got left soz http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r180/terminator_020/honda.jpg

one of my first bikes was a Honda did a bit of digging found old photos of my old one..set me thinking should be somemore pics somewhere brings back memories..

http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w247/sandyd007/?action=view&current=bike2001_crop.jpg

one of my first bikes was a Honda did a bit of digging found old photos of my old one..set me thinking should be somemore pics somewhere brings back memories..

http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w247/sandyd007/?action=view&current=bike2001_crop.jpg

Oh you had one as well assuming that is the CB72 but not exactly same one i had

My first bike was a Honda 160 and they didn' t make them very well in those days. One day I was riding around and there was a big bang followed by the spark plug whistling past my head. Just blew it out of the cylinder. Also whenever it rained heavily, the engine would die.

Archived