Motorbikes - Do you remember your first one?

My first bike was a 1946 Ariel 350 which had no pillion seat. When I met my future wife she wouldn't ride it till I bought one, so I traded it for a BSA 500 twin. Later I had a Norton ES2, and a Royal enfield 700.

my first bike was a bsa c15 250 from leather and simsons on the top rooad never driven one. 1956 I was 17

Hi davebrmm, My first bike was a Triumph Terrier, 150 cc. It came out just before the Cub. Would you believe I still have a bike, having been retired two years. I have a 1966 Bsa C15 Trials which is road registered, but I haven't been out on it for years. Once a biker always a biker. All The Best.

• 1 month later...

Have only just found this site,wish I new the names of some of you lads we might all know each other.Anybody remember riding from coffee bar to coffee bar around 1960 to 1963.We used to start at the Smugglers Cave which was about opposite the new Asda down Hillsborough.We then went to the Rainbow up Stocksbridge.Sometimes we would go to the Disc Jockey on London Road or the Flamingo opposite Wilf Greens on Abbeydale Rd.Plus rides to Cadwell Park,Belle Vue Speedway etc.Oh happy days. COLIN.

. Would you believe I still have a bike, having been retired two years. I have a 1966 Bsa C15 Trials which is road registered, but I haven't been out on it for years. Once a biker always a biker. All The Best.

I too am retired, ..4 years ago...(early at 60..enough is enough:D),had four bikes since..two 600/750 Honda's.a 1200 Honda Goldwing and a 1500 Honda Goldwing (6 cylinder) which i still ride and enjoy every minute of it.get the Beeza out Dommi...here is a pic of mine in Cleethorpes a month ago

1. newpic.jpg

my first bike was a BSA Bantam 125 which I later made 155cc my first ride was from the barracks outside Manchester to Sheffield in the fog.PPE906 was the reg did some miles on itIt was to start me off on a great experience free spirit and all that Great, other bikes 250 Norton twin 650 Matchy 1000 Vincent the pinacle.Later in life Honda Dream and umteen 90 Hondas best comuter ever.

My first motorbike was a 1959 Triumph tiger cub.Having left school in 1961,i had to have a bike to get to work in Clowne ,this bike was a write off when a motorist pulled out in front off me.This bike was replaced when i bought a Heinkel scooter from where i worked.I still have bikes today.

Archived