Motorbikes - Do you remember your first one?

• 4 weeks later...

My first motorcycle was an Ariel Leader painted two tone blue with a royal blue tank and light blue side panels. It was a 250cc two stroke which had gizmo's to stop me waving my arms about, which were little orange lights to tell other road users as to which way I was going to turn. The first British bike to my knowledge to have a stop light and for good measure a parking light sitting neatly behind the perspex screen, wow one could say all mod cons and bought from Messes Dan Bradburys situated on London Road gosh me and that bike went in all four directions, but not all at once. After twenty thousand miles the old lady gave up the ghost. My second bike was a B S A 500cc A7 twin followed by a Ariel Huntmaster 650cc twin. Good times fondly remembered in the places I went and the people I met, and whether the Gods smiled upon me I will never know, but I didn't come off in all the years I got onto onto any of the iron horses I rode.

• 3 weeks later...

I dont for the moment think Im the only one but I met a few bikers who like me were knocked for 6 mine was a young woman only been driving 6 mths pulled out didnt see me she said Janet Gledhill got 25quid fine and 3 points me I had pain every day since NEW YEARS EVE 1976 to this day had the knee done next its the hip. But I carried on biking till I got to 64 too many bikes stolen.

remember the good days of the free spirit the wind in your face great times thousands of miles.

• 3 weeks later...
ive just got my license but havent had my first bike yet i want a triumph tt600

If thats what you want..then go for it,you will find lots of bikers only too happy to advise/help you along the way,take a look here:- http://www.sheffieldbikers.co.uk/index.php?sid=64405f4ae01174d778a5478acf87d549

So do I but not fit enough and too old now. Good luck with your dreams, ride safely and remember theres a twerp in a Volvo just waiting to pull out on you.

Enjoy...

When i bought my first...and only...Volvo..my brother said exactly the same thing to me about Volvo drivers..so did others??...i am still riding at 64,i do about 5-6000 miles a year and own a six cylinder 1500cc Honda Goldwing..enjoy it while you can...:D:D

Archived