New Rocknight/club Proposal

excellant people. I tell you what someone can do if anyone is up for a bit of detailed research and that is find out which venues are free on which nights of the week, and possibly get some details from them about hire prices, etc. I dont have time next week to do much as I am away for most of it, but will be accessing this forum every day. I am a bit out of date as to which clubs are closed/open, so it would be good to get the very latest information about clubs, especially anywhere recently closed or that is available (excluding Rebels). ALso be good to know EXACTLY (Corporation aside) what other rock or alternative or rock orientated events are running either at present or recently.....

Went to the CORP on Saturday and it was total crap. Devoid of any atmosphere at all and pretty useless DJ's who could hardly work their equipment properly...

Now if anyone CANT do considerably better than the Corporation I would be very surprised indeed......

A meeting is a good idea but if anyone out there is going to sing the praises of the Corporation at me, please do it on another thread. The problem with that place is that is has no competition so it can afford to be totally complacent and run naff events. The whole place is a decrepid slum. My main criticism was the amateurish of some of the DJ's, with long gaps between tracks, jumping CD's, poor judgement of crowds, and the inability to match two tracks together with any kind of continuity. No, it was dreadful and also pretty empty for a saturday night.

saturdays at corporation are a joke. they are so bloody awful, its untrue. but if your wasted at corp on mondays, its actually bloody good. i had one of the best nights out ever last monday at corp, think its cos i was with my bestest mate in the whole world and we were ****** as farts, but saturdays at corp are a different thing altogether.

ANYWAY!!

i reckon we should meet sooner rather than later, while people have the passion to act on their ideas etc

mimi

x

I will probably be there on the 28th, and most likely the 2nd as well, isn't there a thread already about peeps going to corp on the 2nd july?

Might be a good night all in all, full of kids though, still I can't complain about that, most of thme don't cause trouble or act stupid.

Wilf

Archived