New Rocknight/club Proposal

STOP PRESS: Cant make it tonight got to sort out some figures for Mr TAX man and he dont like mistakes!!!!

Will be in THE NELSON on Thursday night downstairs, as DJ KEN from Under the Boardwalk will be making his Nelson debut on the decks with some classic rock. (At least I think he said the NELSON, might have been the SPORTSMAN but I dont think they do discos anymore.) Twice a month on a thursday night....might pick up and be very popular.

Downstairs at the Nelson on Sat nights with DJ LEZ is pretty cool....see a lot of faces have not seen for MANY years. Wipes the floor with the old SPortsman scene in my opinion...

Yes, I'd be interested to know what happened in that meeting as I have just been reading through all the threads since Ms Piggy's original query about Rebels.

You've certainly stirred some memories Ms.

:headbang:

No one turned up.......oh well.......

p[erhaps meeting in a pub is a bad idea...too much drinking.....not that that is a bad thing though....

Sheffield needs it....went to the CORP sat night and it was the most dire club experience I have ever had to date. The DJ's were totally **** beyond belief, and the long gaps between the trax was really them taking the **** out of everyone, including themselves. Sorry but its got sooooo bad now I wont be going again...the dreadful classic rock room played everything BUT classic rock, a room I hate anyway due to its barn like dimensions, lack of acoustic properties and stupid central standing/leaning area where it just looks like a bus station gone mad. hate it.....

A friend of mine was up from London so took them there...should have known better. They also agreed it was the worst clubbing epxerience ever experienced! Wish we had gone down the Leadmill.....not rock of course but a much better feel to the place than that total ****hole Corp.

Hey I love rock....it MUST be dire for me to insult the place.

Hey Corp......just a tip......for Gods sake refurbish the venue and create a decent atmosphere in each room, and close down that dreadful barn like room and put classic rock back in the smaller room where at least it had a vague atmosphere. More murals, more colour, more lighting...the light rigs are pathetic....and also paint and muralise those horrible corridors....

spend some money you cheapskates!!!! You take enough so give the kids something better than a a club resembling a burnt out derelict prison....

Hey Snowboarder........i guess everyone has good intentions including me....i wanna help ya get this idea off the ground.....but at moment i am broke......if u wanna go over a few ideas lets meet for a beer on saturday? Grapes?........there is some decent live bands n we can have a beer and chat bout it........i went out last saturday to meet a mate.......ended up staying out till 2am......got dragged to Casbah :( i felt like crying in the corner........so gimme a post or a email and let me know if ya can make it?

Archived