New Rocknight/club Proposal

well if ya fancy a meet up, how about a weekend. perhaps people would be able to make it then. I will be about next week. especially at the weekend(thursday 22 to Sunday 25 July)we could meet up and talk about ideas. If you wanna meet, pm me with your mobile number and name and we can arrange something.

So who can make it?

Yeah I asked about rebels because from what i have heard it was a good night. Alot of people would like a night like that again. I think to get people to go to rock night these days, it has to be a mixture of everything, to do something for everyone, ok so thats not excatly easy, but who knowes.

I think the nights were better when Drop was at City Hall and when reservoir rocks was at NMB, better amtompshere i think.

Could just be me tho.

Does anyone remember a night called Slackers?

SLACKER...yes...THE LEADMILL...Hmmm.....

A bit about that. When we were looking for a host venue for our Friday rock night about 3 years ago, I approached the Leadmill and had a chat with Rupert and Sue, who practically run the place now. They liked my rock night idea and we got to costing it up and working on a name for it....and then.....I had a polite phone call telling me it was not going ahead as the Leadmill felt no market for rock music anymore.. (joke?)

After I gave them all my ideas which club do you then think decided to run a rocknight by themselves and call it their own idea? Yes, u guessed it THE LEADMILL, and they called it SLACKER. They even pinched my slogan for it!!!!!! I was soo ****** off but incredibly difficult to prove, just mere "coincidence" said The leadmill. coincidence my arse

Saturday night yes, confirm a venue for sure, wont be doing the CORP though.....not that desperate

Well i remember Slackers when it was at replublic, it was nothing to get in with flyers, then you had to pay £1 to get in and then when people had to pay, they seemed to stop going, then the night stopped and after a long while moved to leadmill, i never went to it when it was at leadmill. What happened to that night anyway?

Originally posted by Darren

Aqua formerly Roundhouse underneath Ponds Forge is free the third Friday in every month, also Monday - Thursday every week, contact The Leadmill ho now run the venue 0114 2212 828

What does anyone think of AQUA venue? Is it appro for a rock night? Not sure if its location and layout would do much for a rock night, but comments please......I worked there for 3 months when it was the Roundhouse DJ'ing TOP BANANA as it was called then...an 80's night. Wierd place....

Archived