New Rocknight/club Proposal

me neither.......too much of a wierd location. If Under the Boardwalk were still open it would be ideal as its sort of across the road a bit....well across quite a few roads and a bit but only 5-6 mins trot. Still. must think closer to the main area...if only YORKS was still available (Charles street club) I was SO close to signing contracts for that in 2001 if it had not have been for a very large wobbly fat man with gold rimmed glasses migrating a certain well known gay club to the venue (who then sold out afterwards...dont think it ever became a gay club at all)

Yeah under the boardwalk would have been a ideal place for a rock night, i mean people came when corp was on bank street, so where wouldn't they come there, however it can not get a late license, which is a shame. Oh well. There has to be a venue somewhere that would work well.

If this night is to work, may be best to start off small and then go for bigger things when we know it is working i.e a club venue. Perhaps a pub that has a late license or somewhere like the NMB would host it.

The NMB is up for demolition this september as the Hallam Union mnove to NCPM. Now they might be worth approaching. I dont know anyone there at the moment but I will email the Union and see what they have available. They will run their own friday/saturday night events but they may have plenty of spare rooms for club nights in their new venue......

ideas...keep em coming.

I AM IN TOWN MONDAY NIGHT FOR SURE. DISCUSSION? pm ME IF YOU WANT TO MEET IN TOWN MONDAY NIGHT FOR A FEW JARS OF ALE AND BIT OF ROCK N ROLL TALK.

Originally posted by snowboarder

The NMB is up for demolition this september as the Hallam Union mnove to NCPM. Now they might be worth approaching. I dont know anyone there at the moment but I will email the Union and see what they have available. They will run their own friday/saturday night events but they may have plenty of spare rooms for club nights in their new venue......

ideas...keep em coming.

I AM IN TOWN MONDAY NIGHT FOR SURE. DISCUSSION? pm ME IF YOU WANT TO MEET IN TOWN MONDAY NIGHT FOR A FEW JARS OF ALE AND BIT OF ROCK N ROLL TALK.

How come the NMB is up demolition?

Where is the NCPM then?

I can not make monday, not going to be around. Will be around from thursday 22 July to 25 july. Anyone able to meet then?

Its not easy the night club game........

the NMB should be knocked down later this year once the Hallam Union have moved out properly. Actually the place will prob fall down its such a state now....

but the NCPM is worth a try....its a "cool" location (apparently) and should become a popular gig and club venue.

Anyone know which clubs are free Friday nights at the moment? My listings are all out of date, but things change so fast now I guess nothing is ever up to date.......

You're right, it's a good location. That's the problem, rock's a niche market and hasn't exactly been shown a lot of respect by the hallam uni (from what i hear anyway). I doubt you would get a night worth having(fri,sat,mon). If a club like that's got enough clout to pull people in on a more genera night then they'll choose it every time.

I could most definately be wrong though, it would even be nice to be proved wrong :)

Anyone up for a new rock club-night? I need a list of which nightclubs are free on Friday nights. There seem to be a few not doing anything. ..any research you can do will be appreciated. If anyone out there has real enthuiasm to do some first hand research into this (Alive listings are out of date) please get on the case. I need a list of free venues, although probably most of them will have plans for autumn relaunches of crappy dance nights, but its a start

Archived