Bramall Lane seating.

Well, if all we can do is argue with each other about which ground has most empty seats and which team is doing even more crappily than the other, maybe we should all go and support Chelsea instead.

How about being proud of the team YOU support, instead of wasting your effort on insulting someone you don't?

Well, if all we can do is argue with each other about which ground has most empty seats and which team is doing even more crappily than the other, maybe we should all go and support Chelsea instead.

How about being proud of the team YOU support, instead of wasting your effort on insulting someone you don't?

Good post and we should all take note.

There's a flaw in your infant-like logic - Hillsborough is vastly larger than than the lame.

There was a noticeable quantity of empty seats against the champions, the best team in the land, and your biggest game of the season on Saturday. And only a few more thousand than we got against the little hamlet of Barnsley.

A flaw in my infant like logic :loopy: What the hell are you talking about Mr Botty ?

Depending on what website you go to the maximum capicity of Bramall Lane varies by a few hundred, the highest one i could find was 33,000.

Against Chelsea we had over 32,000 so MAYBE 1,000 restricted view seats available maximum.

Against BAAAArnsley you had an attendance of 28,000 against QPR and Leeds (for your local derby) you had 23,000.

Hillsborough has a capacity of 39,800 so in (and i will use your words) THE VASTLY LARGER Hillsborough you had 16,800 EMPTY seats. :huh: :huh:

And against the hamlet of Baaaaarnsley you had 11,800 empty blue seats.

See where I am going with this ? :D :D

You should think of changing the name of your ground to The Atlantic Ocean maybe, bought the same amount of blue there :thumbsup:

Regards CB

CB 1

Botty 0

A flaw in my infant like logic :loopy: What the hell are you talking about Mr Botty ?

Depending on what website you go to the maximum capicity of Bramall Lane varies by a few hundred, the highest one i could find was 33,000.

Against Chelsea we had over 32,000 so MAYBE 1,000 restricted view seats available maximum.

Against BAAAArnsley you had an attendance of 28,000 against QPR and Leeds (for your local derby) you had 23,000.

Hillsborough has a capacity of 39,800 so in (and i will use your words) THE VASTLY LARGER Hillsborough you had 16,800 EMPTY seats. :huh: :huh:

And against the hamlet of Baaaaarnsley you had 11,800 empty blue seats.

See where I am going with this ? :D :D

You've proved HIS point, not yours. Try again.

You've proved HIS point, not yours. Try again.

Mr Bottom said

There was a noticeable quantity of empty seats against the champions, the best team in the land, and your biggest game of the season on Saturday. And only a few more thousand than we got against the little hamlet of Barnsley.

My point is that there were a few restricted seats available and with 32,100 fans there in a 33,000 seat stadium I wouldn't say that that is a NOTICABLE quantity of empty seats. You cant fit a square peg in a round hole for want of a better analogy.

Yes we only got 4,000 more than you got for the Baaarnsley match but I am assuming they brought over 5,000 from thier tiny hamlet because your average crowd has been about 22,000 this season.

The point is 900 empty RESTRICTED VIEW seats in a 33,000 stadium and he can notice that and actually posts about it makes me laugh when there are over 16,000 EMPTY non restricted view seats at swillsborough every week, why even bring it up :confused: Makes him look kinda silly IMO :hihi:

P.S. Glad he took the time to watch a PREMIERSHIP match and count the empty seats.

Mr Bottom said

My point is that there were a few restricted seats available and with 32,100 fans there in a 33,000 seat stadium I wouldn't say that that is a NOTICABLE quantity of empty seats. You cant fit a square peg in a round hole for want of a better analogy.

Yes we only got 4,000 more than you got for the Baaarnsley match but I am assuming they brought over 5,000 from thier tiny hamlet because your average crowd has been about 22,000 this season.

The point is 900 empty RESTRICTED VIEW seats in a 33,000 stadium and he can notice that and actually posts about it makes me laugh when there are over 16,000 EMPTY non restricted view seats at swillsborough every week, why even bring it up :confused: Makes him look kinda silly IMO :hihi:

P.S. Glad he took the time to watch a PREMIERSHIP match and count the empty seats.

Sorry - I saw the highlights on TV (I do enjoy watching premiership teams like Chelsea), and there were groups of empty seats NOTICEABLE.

The overall point I was making is that even in your tiny stadium, for your biggest game of the season, there were still plenty of empty seats.

Yes there are more empty seats at Hillsborough - there are far more seats to fill as you helpfully point out, and the opposition we play don't bring many fans. And you would be aware of this from last season when you played those teams, and funnily enough you still got a lower average attendance overall than us.

As for the Owls v Barnsley match, we got 28500. And you are probably correct, about 4500 were from Barnsley. so thats about 24000 owls fans.

You got 32000 against Chelsea. That'a about 6000 Cheslea fans (they would have brought more but the away end is so small). Leaving 26000. However, about 6000 would have been those neutrals who only wanted to come and see Lampard, Terry, Cole and the other superstars of Chelsea, and wouldn't be in the slightest bit interested in United. So thats about 20000 bladies.

It's similar to the Wembley semi final. 40000 wednesday fans, 25000 United fans, and 10000 neutrals sat in the United seats.

And as for your 'want of a better analogy' - yes you do. Your analogy (references to square pegs and round holes) makes no sense at all in this context.

CBlady 0

Frank 2

p.s. as for 'Did you know that since Warnock has been the Blades' manager, Wednesday have SACKED seven managers.' - Yorath quit, he wasn't sacked.

As for the Owls v Barnsley match, we got 28500. And you are probably correct, about 4500 were from Barnsley. so thats about 24000 owls fans.

You got 32000 against Chelsea. That'a about 6000 Cheslea fans (they would have brought more but the away end is so small). Leaving 26000. However, about 6000 would have been those neutrals who only wanted to come and see Lampard, Terry, Cole and the other superstars of Chelsea, and wouldn't be in the slightest bit interested in United. So thats about 20000 bladies.

Your analogy is a very flawed one I'm afraid.

28500 turn up at hillsborough where you offer 7,300 away tickets to barnsley fans? I'm guessing more than 4500 barnsley fans turned up.

As for the blades, if you can get 6000 fitted in to the bramall lane lower tier, then good luck to you on that. Chelsea brought 3,000 which leaves the blades with 29,000. You claim about 20,000 "bladies"..... but we have sold in excess of 20,000 season tickets, so in your theory there would be NO blades wanting to come to game except these neutrals. (Which amounts to 9,000)

Now these 9,000 must be a bit daft, paying up to £34 for a ticket just to see lamps and drogba etc play for a team they don't even support.

Archived