Tony Capstick

Guest Guest

Cappo was great at the Highcliffe (Greystones) Folk Club, run by Win White in the early 1970s (showing my age...) I remember one thing he said between songs "Just think, if I'd got two more 'O' levels I'd have been a wages clerk in the N.C.B. at Wath. I only got three 'O' levels - English, History and Carnal Knowledge"...

R.I.P. Tony - great bloke..:)

I met Tony when my band played live on his radio show, he got our live sound set up in seconds and it was good. On air we had a laugh and a chat and he played a few chords on our singer's guitar before giving us a (tongue in cheek) WMC type build up and letting us play a couple of numbers.

Off air he was the same polite, a gentleman and amusing, he even talked about the taxi and gun episode.

I only met him that once, but it was a good first impression.

capo was great used to chat with him on air usually from a roof toby foster is a korean cant understand a word he says rony is arough arse working class kid from dore who used to graft as a teacher he now works shifts as a playright writing plays nobodys ever heard of his sweat towellgets soaked typical bbc labour lovey privatise the lot save a bomb from dave the ex builder retired

and breathe ........:roll:

Cappo was great at the Highcliffe (Greystones) Folk Club, run by Win White in the early 1970s (showing my age...) I remember one thing he said between songs "Just think, if I'd got two more 'O' levels I'd have been a wages clerk in the N.C.B. at Wath. I only got three 'O' levels - English, History and Carnal Knowledge"...

R.I.P. Tony - great bloke..:)

Concur entirely Hillsbro. I too saw Tony at the Highcliffe in the early 70's.

A very funny character and consummate entertainer.

I was always a Capstick fan, and I was wondering if you can get a CD of his Folk songs, when I go round the record shops, I always look out for anything by him but find nothing. I keep thinking something will turn up, with him being a local lad to no avail. Anybody help?

Archived