Whats the best broadband

anlabystreet

the op did ask what the best was and telewest is undoubtedly the best.

I wouldn't disagree with you that they are possible the best, I have only ever had ADSL, in fairness I have had no complaints from my present ISP, or my previous one, Metronet. But I have had a few lousy ones too AOL, Virgin and Freeserve been just three. :suspect:

Tiscali isn't unlimited, they operate a FUP

So not really unlimited.;)

Yes but this only really affects the really heavy downloaders. I download quite a lot, more than what most people I know do and I have never been emailed or anything to say I'm using too much or that they are gonna start charging me.

Yes but this only really affects the really heavy downloaders. I download quite a lot, more than what most people I know do and I have never been emailed or anything to say I'm using too much or that they are gonna start charging me.

If you download more than 50mb (web pages, p2p, files etc) between 6pm and midnight, trust me, you'll be hearing from them.

I dunno whats the best, but I can tell you what is the worst - ORANGE!

It is the pits!

If you decide to go with Orange, I sure hope you believe in the power of prayers. Because if and when something goes wrong, praying is the only thing that you can resort to - I guess their Customer support also does the same, as I have never seen them do anything technical to help!

I have tw BB and never had a problem since the day they launched the service. Now I was wondering seeing as they bought virgin, will we be able to include a mobile in the packages as well :D

Yep - they're already offering 300 mins + 300 texts for £10/month if you have a Telewest service as well

http://www.telewest.co.uk/html/bundles/virginmobileoffer.html

When they re-brand next year they'll be the first company (in the UK at least) offering a 'quad' package - mobile, TV, landline and broadband.

Archived