Unofficial Christmas Party - Who's Up For It?

lizzmobile

Would you come to the SF Christmas Party?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Would you come to the SF Christmas Party?

• Yes
    • No

I'm itching to organise a proper (but not official) Christmas party for members of this Forum and would like to gauge the level of interest before I look into venues.

It would be a fancy dress party, as close to Christmas as possible with a meal/buffet, music, games, raffle/auction and dj's.

Please vote in the poll and answer the following questions in your post :

1. How much you would be prepared to pay £25/£35/£50.

2. Sit down meal or buffet style, and

3. If you know of any, venues you think might be suitable.

Additionally, if there is anything else you would expect from a party, please state that in your post as well.

I would be looking to Forum members to help out with things like music, dj'ing, door security, donation of prizes for the raffle/auction, venue hire, decoration, help on the day with setting up, taxi services afterwards, ticket printing and design, etc so if anyone has a business that could be useful, please do mention it.

Also, if anyone has any bright ideas, please email them to me, rather than via PM to ecoprincess@hotmail.co.uk.

Get voting! I need to know by this time next week.

Elizabeth x

I'd be up for something but being a food snob I'd want something a whole lot more or different than the usual Christmas fare of dried Turkey roll and overcooked veggies.

I'd go for sit down rather than buffet for preference but this again puts us at the mercy of the Christmas meal syndrome of "pack 'em in, feed 'em then push 'em out"

Unless lots of nice forummers who own restaurants or bars suddenly volunteer to cater for us all and provide the entertainment as well you could be a bit stretched to organise something for this Christmas. Most venues would have been booked up I reckon.

Lets see if other forummers can come up with plans / ideas

Who on here has the biggest house??? :P

Just bung on ya fatigues = action man; easy!

Come on, don't be a party pooper, we can't have a bash without you Pete!

I guess I forgot to add the word 'quality' to my OP taxman. And yes, venues might be thin on the ground but I'll see what I can come up with.

There are several dj's on this forum, SharpSinger has a band (if they are available), and I have my imagination fired and my sleeves rolled up :clap:

I'd be willing to pay £25 what with all the work Xmas do's and so on.

Would prefer a buffet rather than sit down mean, as Taxman so rightly said, sick of over cooked so called meat and tastless veggies.

Love the sound of dressing up. Can it be tarts and vickers?? :D

Please vote in the poll and answer the following questions in your post :

1. How much you would be prepared to pay £25/£35/£50.

2. Sit down meal or buffet style, and

3. If you know of any, venues you think might be suitable.

You're 'avin a laarf! :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

Archived