Unofficial Christmas Party - Who's Up For It?

lizzmobile

Would you come to the SF Christmas Party?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Would you come to the SF Christmas Party?

• Yes
    • No

I'm itching to organise a proper (but not official) Christmas party for members of this Forum and would like to gauge the level of interest before I look into venues.

It would be a fancy dress party, as close to Christmas as possible with a meal/buffet, music, games, raffle/auction and dj's.

Please vote in the poll and answer the following questions in your post :

1. How much you would be prepared to pay £25/£35/£50.

2. Sit down meal or buffet style, and

3. If you know of any, venues you think might be suitable.

Additionally, if there is anything else you would expect from a party, please state that in your post as well.

I would be looking to Forum members to help out with things like music, dj'ing, door security, donation of prizes for the raffle/auction, venue hire, decoration, help on the day with setting up, taxi services afterwards, ticket printing and design, etc so if anyone has a business that could be useful, please do mention it.

Also, if anyone has any bright ideas, please email them to me, rather than via PM to ecoprincess@hotmail.co.uk.

Get voting! I need to know by this time next week.

Elizabeth x

Dont do it to yourself!!!! i tried something like this for last year and noone would commit . many pms, threads, posts later i gave up!

Good luck:hihi: :thumbsup:

I am doing a crimbo party in the flat during December, not sure when, but a thread will appear at some point.

I can get in about 50/60 people, if I have that many friends from ere :)

Don't you dare forget my invite! :D

Dont do it to yourself!!!! i tried something like this for last year and noone would commit . many pms, threads, posts later i gave up!

Good luck:hihi: :thumbsup:

Agreed,

You may be able to pull it off Lizz, but for the amount of people that WILL drop out, the monies would be hard to re-cuperate.

I agree there should be a get together, but I think if you was to be having a buffet you would be able to pull something off for a good buffet at £10 a head. Obviously you would need to be guaranteed around 60 people. Now I have no doubt you could get 60 people to say they are coming (we had 34 at a meet once if i recall, on a sunday night) but whether they all turn up is another thing.

Good luck, and i will come, for definate (depending on date :D)

I'm tending to agree with the doubters here. I think the original proposals are just too grand and complicated to get right this close to Christmas. It would require a lot of goodwill and co-operation by a lot of forummers and although there may be many good intentions they don't pay bills.

Something more informal, but still fun and friendly would be great :)

I don't want to see you stressing out and being dissappointed over this. :(

Taxman might be onto a winner with the idea of hiring a venue and catering it ourselves. Then all you'd have to do is give everyone a thing to bring (either drink, starter, main, desert, etc) so we don't end up with 40 quiches and no wine. Get Sharpie to sing us some songs, and jobs a good 'un! :thumbsup:

Much as I love the idea 25-35 quid is going to put off a lot of people, myself included. I'm not tight, I'm just poor, especially round Christmas! It would seem a shame to exclude those on lower wages - I think a good pub meet with a simple tenner a head buffet and buy your own booze would be better.

(sorry for being a naysayer lizz :blush:)

Archived